CC Ecosse ride out : 23 July - Dunblane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
I can't commit just now but hope to do it if the loop is under 40 miles as I'd plan on cycling to/from Dunblane.

Hardrock - I did the last one round Loch Leven on my 14 year old GT Karakorum - no-one minds at all ad we're happy to keep a reasonable pace/wait as required.

TechMech

Howzabout http://classic.mapmy...130926538627018

With a cafe stop at Comrie (Sam says there's a nice wee place there) and possibly one at Corrieri's in Stirling if anyone is so inclined?

That's a good route Steven, and my Mum and Dad's house is exactly half way round!! I could have got them to lay on a spread lol :laugh:

I guess it is a bit far for the beginner though, as I recall how the Linlithgow ride almost killed me 2+ years ago at just 28 miles!

The route round Loch Venachar was an excellent route imo, apart from the section just before the cafe stop which was like a lunar surface! You never know maybe they've tarmac'd it by now :biggrin:

jim55

Guru
jeez ,,48 mls !!!!i think il pass on that one ,,prob just read the reports ,,really how du expect a new rider to do that ??thats just too much to start with ,,tbh id b pleased to do half of that ive not done more than 20 but that route is a bridge too far ,,i know my limits ,,crack on :sad:

jeez ,,48 mls !!!!i think il pass on that one ,,prob just read the reports ,,really how du expect a new rider to do that ??thats just too much to start with ,,tbh id b pleased to do half of that ive not done more than 20 but that route is a bridge too far ,,i know my limits ,,crack on :sad:

I dont think we are doing 48 miles, its been noted its a tad ambitious for some folks :rolleyes: I posted an option thats 35 with a 25mile get out at Thornhill if its too much. So don't be disheartened and remember no one gets left behind :becool:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm certainly not doing 48 miles
mag-smile.gif
(if I get out for the ride
unsure.gif
)

HLaB's route looks good and with the added bonus of a 'bail point' at Thornhill.

NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND !!

jim55

Guru
well 25 is doable i would think and 35 may b an option ,,depends on the day really but i honestly think il b bailing ,,its really just a chance for me to meet others on here and its a leisure ride for most ,,,il defo b there if its that route ,,the first one was a bit daunting :thumbsup:

JiMBR

There is no way that we would want to scare anyone off with big miles...we all had to start somewhere!
(on a personal note, I'm one of the 'slower and erm larger' riders, so big miles don't really suit me) :biggrin:

As has been said before, nobody is left behind on our rides. Come out, meet new friends and enjoy a few hours on the bike in great company!

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Just noticed this thread !..... I'll be there. Doesn't really matter which route. Where do we normally meet in Dunblane?

aberal

Guru
30-ish miles is a good distance. A long enough work out for anyone used to longer distances and a doable route for anyone who feels they could rise to a challenge if it means meeting up with people.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
We're not doing a 50-60mile route - I think everyone would agree that a 30mile-ish route seems to be the preferred so that's what we'll be doing. Dunblane-Doune-Thornhill-Kippen-Dunblane as per HLaB's route.

If the weather's anything like it is today, we'll have a belter of a run!
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom