Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse ride (West) - Saturday Oct 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Back on topic, I haven't been on the bike since around 10 days ago due to not feeling well and when I finally get better, it breaks! I'll hopefully get some miles in before the ride but I might be a bit slow :blush:

Don't worry i think we are taking it at a "relaxed" pace anyways :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Hopefully you can count me in 90/10 definate. I will be riding in from Cambuslang so anyone want to join me along the way,let me know and we can arrange a mini CC Ecosse Ride to the start

Excellent! Hopefully we can attract some more of the western contingent.

I'm in Dennistoun. Perhaps the Saltmarket entrance to the Green, is a suitable place to meet for the ride out?

D

Deleted member 20519

Problems have arisen. Defafflon have told me that they'll order the part and it will take one week to arrive! That means it'll arrive on Thursday and maybe, just maybe the bike will be ready. Can't fit any rides in before then though :sad:

Col5632

Guru
Problems have arisen. Defarselon have told me that they'll order the part and it will take one week to arrive! That means it'll arrive on Thursday and maybe, just maybe the bike will be ready. Can't fit any rides in before then though :sad:

Fingers are crossed for you buddy, would be a shame to miss a ride in your neck of the woods :shy:

clockhammer

total noob to road bikes and not nearly fit enough, farthest so far is 17 miles, only had my road bike for 3 weeks though. Desperate to try a group ride though so expect to see me soon, just not this one. Good luck and enjoy

D

Deleted member 20519

total noob to road bikes and not nearly fit enough, farthest so far is 17 miles, only had my road bike for 3 weeks though. Desperate to try a group ride though so expect to see me soon, just not this one. Good luck and enjoy

It's much easier riding in a group than it is alone but this isn't a club ride, it's just a relaxed social ride to get to know each other and, well, cycle! Hopefully we'll see you at the next one! :thumbsup:

clockhammer

aye, count on it, wife works every weekend so it'll take a bit of forward planning (and bribery) but I'll come along soon, I'm feeling loads of progress in a short space of time, my commute is 4.3 miles and it used to kill me, rubbery legs etc, now it's a skoosh, went back to the mtb today as it was so wet and noticed a bit of difference pushing a triple with all the weight added, seemed easier than it used to be by a long shot. It was a bit more relaxing but I definitely missed getting the head down. soon :-)

Get In The Van

Get up te Bathgate alps, that will soon get you fit

Was up there the other day, thought i was doing rubbish then i checked out the local clubs rating of the hills and then realised that i hadn't done too bad, some killers up there though which don't seem bad on paper but seriously put pressure on your legs....and lungs!
I'll be back up again this week for some more free S+M torture :laugh:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Was up there the other day, thought i was doing rubbish then i checked out the local clubs rating of the hills and then realised that i hadn't done too bad, some killers up there though which don't seem bad on paper but seriously put pressure on your legs....and lungs!
I'll be back up again this week for some more free S+M torture :laugh:

i enjoy the climb up from linlithgow, i usually head along to dechmont

great wee climbs in it

Top Bottom