Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse ride (West) - Saturday Oct 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
nice wee ride today to keep the legs ticking over in this cold weather

X factor and beer at the weekends are really getting to me now, first ride of the new week and am struggling a wee bit

should be ok for me this weekend, i`ll should know soon enough but right now it looks 90% i`ll be there

heres my wee ride
http://app.strava.com/rides/25110299

98% certain now

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Fokker, how about setting off from the Green at 0945?

Anyone else joining the ride out from the City Centre?

Seamab

I'll be riding out from the city centre via the squinty bridge and Govan probably around 9.15 (unless the weather is poor). I'll see if i can have a pre ride coffee at Xscape and a wee peek in Evans. Soz i'll pure seez yoos er. n' at no, big man (men)...awh rite

Memo to self : bring bike lock (it's Weegie land after all)
2nd memo: find bike lock! (it's pathetic wee thing that i very seldom use and has a combo i can't remember! Would probably dissolve in a nanosecond if a thief looked at it. )

Seamab

Must try and make an effort to get along to one of these rides, this one's nearly on my doorstep so if my Tendonitis clears in time i may make an appearance. A further point, i can heartly recommend the Italian cafe opposite the Junction one mentioned up thread, great soup and sarnies served in there, under no cicumstances go anywhere near the Watersports centre cafe at the Loch itself xx(

Is that a crazy audax distance induced tendonitis Jim? Hope you are on the mend. Be great to see you if you can make it. The cafe i've stopped at before is Cucina Minucci @ the Junction. So that's probably the one you are talking about? There were quite a few roadies coming and going on the occassions i've been there.

Gazmob

Guys,

Never been on a group ride before, but thinking I should start sometime. Longest ride to date is around 40 miles however only averaging about 13mph, I know the rules say no-one gets left behind, but wouldn't want to hold anybody up - what sort of speed are you likely to be going ?

Weighing it up.
Positives
Have Bike
Have Lycra
Like a cake stop

Negatives
Don’t have the right body for Lycra
Never been on a group rode before
Fair weather cyclist

D

Deleted member 20519

I'll be riding out from the city centre via the squinty bridge and Govan probably around 9.15 (unless the weather is poor). I'll see if i can have a pre ride coffee at Xscape and a wee peek in Evans. Soz i'll pure seez yoos er. n' at no, big man (men)...awh rite

Memo to self : bring bike lock (it's Weegie land after all)
2nd memo: find bike lock! (it's pathetic wee thing that i very seldom use and has a combo i can't remember! Would probably dissolve in a nanosecond if a thief looked at it. )

Whenever I've gone into Evans, I've just brought my bike in with me. They're never said anything.

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Guys,

Never been on a group ride before, but thinking I should start sometime. Longest ride to date is around 40 miles however only averaging about 13mph, I know the rules say no-one gets left behind, but wouldn't want to hold anybody up - what sort of speed are you likely to be going ?

Weighing it up.
Positives
Have Bike
Have Lycra
Like a cake stop

Negatives
Fair weather cyclist

Hi Gazmob

13 mph puts you well into the comfort zone for the CC ecosse rides. We have a secret trick: We don't tell the faster people details of the route - that way they have to stop and wait. No-one gets left behind is not just an empty statement - we do these rides to have an enjoyable social day out - not to get round a course in a fast time.

Also, no-one will care what your bike or attire looks like (I'll be riding sans Lycra on a hybrid). I encourage you to come along - it should be an excellent introduction to group riding.

Fubar

Guru
Guys,

Weighing it up.
Positives
Have Bike :thumbsup:
Have Lycra :thumbsup:
Like a cake stop :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Negatives
Don’t have the right body for Lycra :thumbsup:
Fair weather cyclist :thumbsup:

Hi Gazmob, I'm going on Saturday and as Rasmus says 13mph is a good average for these rides and about the fastest I go anyway! As for the other stuff I'm exactly the same apart from having been on these group rides before. I'm happy to be a back marker and you might find you are waiting on me - let the young fast ones go ahead, they'll only have to wait for me anyway :laugh: so I would dispel any fears you might have and come along. Regards, Mark

glasgowjim

Über Member
Is that a crazy audax distance induced tendonitis Jim? Hope you are on the mend. Be great to see you if you can make it. The cafe i've stopped at before is Cucina Minucci @ the Junction. So that's probably the one you are talking about? There were quite a few roadies coming and going on the occassions i've been there.

Seamab, it is indeed Audax induced, I covered a total of 1200 miles in Sept-A 600k a couple of 200's and 400k to finish off the month. It's calmed down a bit in the last few weeks thanks to rest and drugs  I'll see how I feel on Sat morn and decide then.

Col5632

Guru
Guys,

Weighing it up.
Positives
Have Bike
Have Lycra
Like a cake stop

Negatives
Fair weather cyclist

I'm young (well 26) and my average speed is around 13-14mph so i wouldnt worry too much holding anybody back, these rides are meant to be relaxed and fun and thats why i love going to them so much :thumbsup: You wont regret coming along :bicycle:

Top Bottom