Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse ride (West) - Saturday Oct 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Consider me suitably contacted - I should be good for this one too, at the moment nothing is booked in for 20th and I've applied for and been given the appropriate pass ("pleeease can I go???" - "oh go on then if it'll shut you up!"). I'd better get a wee bit of riding in, looking forward to it! Cheers, Mark

D

Deleted member 20519

Consider me suitably contacted - I should be good for this one too, at the moment nothing is booked in for 20th and I've applied for and been given the appropriate pass ("pleeease can I go???" - "oh go on then if it'll shut you up!"). I'd better get a wee bit of riding in, looking forward to it! Cheers, Mark

We'll get to see who's bike is better ;)

D

Deleted member 20519

I'm sure yours will be better - aside from replacing the pedals when I got it and the soon-to-be-replaced-tyres mine is pretty much as it came!

Ah, I reckon yours will be better. All I've changed is the saddle and bar tape, and it's really scratched!

glasgowjim

Über Member
Must try and make an effort to get along to one of these rides, this one's nearly on my doorstep so if my Tendonitis clears in time i may make an appearance. A further point, i can heartly recommend the Italian cafe opposite the Junction one mentioned up thread, great soup and sarnies served in there, under no cicumstances go anywhere near the Watersports centre cafe at the Loch itself xx(

D

Deleted member 20519

The long distance weather forecast thingy says that we should expect rain.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Yes Mr. Tug i think that was me! I thought you looked familiar. PITA those blasted roadworks - they started in early Aug. Most of my routes go out that way. Hoping they'll be finished soon. Seems to be an anti slip surface they are painstakingly applying?

just after i passed you i got a puncture to, got it just at the junction at the top of the hill....i was flying up that hill to, got my PB on strava and i got stopped at the lights to, would have had a really good time...but hey you win some you lose some...

will be staying away from that hill until all the bad voodoo is away..can`t afford any more punctures

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Watching this thread with interest and some hope that I might get a pass to attend. :thumbsup:

Depends on Mrs Scoosh's shoulder/arm combo. :unsure:

D

Deleted member 20519

Watching this thread with interest and some hope that I might get a pass to attend. :thumbsup:

Depends on Mrs Scoosh's shoulder/arm combo. :unsure:

Ouch, has she still not fully recovered? How is she?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
She's making slow progress, thanks. :sad:

Unfortunately, dislocated shoulder + greater tuberosity fracture = "The Terrible Triad", according to the medical experts. :eek: I think they mean it hurts a lot, takes ages to mend and is very painful all the way. We have just about found the right painkilling drugs which reduce/kill the pain while not having too many unpleasant side effects, like dizziness, sickness, feeling drowsy, no energy. xx(

Recovery is slow - 6 weeks for bone to heal, 6 months+ for full movement to return to arm and shoulder. :sad:

Meanwhile, she is signed off work (probably until December at the earliest) - and there is only 1 driver in the house ... :ohmy:

Mrs Scoosh is very understanding and always encourages me to get out on the bike when I can. Just today, she sent me to Carlisle, to make a collection. Unfortunately, I am unable to add the photo here :angry:.

My n + 1 :wahhey: :hyper:

D

Deleted member 20519

I hope she gets well soon, sounds like she's having a tough time. I can't imagine being off of my bike for 6 months :eek: :B)

Go on, tell us all about your new bike! :biggrin:

Top Bottom