Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse Three Ferries Saturday 21st March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Somebuddy

Über Member
Last year I waited at Gourock and nobody showed up. So I ended up getting the ferry myself. The posse eventually caught me up. I think I was told the 10:30 ferry. The lonely ride from Wemyss bay back to my car at Gourock was the worst part of the day. I had dropped my wife at Glasgow airport for a 7am flight and I had been waiting for hours and hours.....I may consider the train this time round. But yes meeting at Gourock is my preference. If someone who is starting at Wemyss Bay would like to provide an email address, I'll send them my mobile number for contact.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Hmm, looks a bugger to get across the city from central station. I'm not sure if there's an early enough train for that sadly, I'll go with plan A. :smile:

Hmm, looks a bugger to get across the city from central station. I'm not sure if there's an early enough train for that sadly, I'll go with plan A. :smile:
You could always get the train from Central to Barrhead and I'd meet you there? Up to you of course :smile:

Although judging by google maps it would be hellish to get to Gourock by a reasonable time. So plan A is probably best! :biggrin:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Will depend on timings, unless U can park a lot closer :smile:

It'll also work out to about 90 miles in total, which would be my longest ride ever and I've not done well with distances over the winter. I'll need to work out timings. :smile:

Will depend on timings, unless U can park a lot closer :smile:

It'll also work out to about 90 miles in total, which would be my longest ride ever and I've not done well with distances over the winter. I'll need to work out timings. :smile:
Just got what you meant - I can't park anywhere, I don't drive! I'll be staying with my family the night before, which is where my route starts (more or less)

You could possibly get a train to Paisley Gilmour Street or Johnstone, I could meet you at either of those places. Or follow Plan A!

MikeW-71

Veteran
Just got what you meant - I can't park anywhere, I don't drive! I'll be staying with my family the night before, which is where my route starts (more or less)

You could possibly get a train to Paisley Gilmour Street or Johnstone, I could meet you at either of those places. Or follow Plan A!
Oops! That's a typo, the U should be I :smile:

It looks like I'd be up at silly-o-clock to be able to get there in time. Still thinking about it :smile:

Matters are complicated by the fact that the gourock ferry is run by a different operator (argyllferries) to the Mcinroy's point ferry (western ferries). Car parking arrangements differ between the two ports and trains only run to the gourock terminal. It might be easier if we arrange a meet up time and place in Dunoon instead and everyone makes their own way there?

When I'm at a pc I'll have a look at timetables and possible locations for the meetup.

Research done - let's meet in Hunter's Quay at 11am!

How to get there.

From Glasgow Central / Gourock!
Some car parking available. 09:25 train from Glasgow Central, arrives Gourock 10:04. Ferry terminal is adjacent to the station.
Argyll Ferries Departs 10:20, arrives Dunoon Ferry Terminal 10:45. It is about a 10-15 minute cycle along the waterfront from there to Hunter's Quay. This is a foot (and bike!) passenger only ferry and as such has not much loading/unloading time.

From McInroy's Point!
Western Ferries Departs 10:30, arrives Hunter's Quay at 10:53.

For those who want to park up and cycle from Wemyss Bay via Inverkip to McInroy's Point, this is a fairly flat 6 mile ride but as it is a car ferry please allow plenty of time and arrive well in advance.
For those who want to cycle from Glasgow to Gourock what's wrong with you? :crazy:

Top Bottom