CC examines - Emotional support dogs on planes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
This story of dogs in tutus made me chuckle, the dogs seemed more stressed than the owners. If I was a passenger I would have been livid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-50170507

It seems to be an American thing, but we all know that what happens in America comes to the UK a few years later.

But if you find flying too stressful to manage without a dog, then my suggestion is dont do it.

Drago

Legendary Member
I find it stressful travelling on planes without intravenous Guinness, and being distracted and entertained by on Oom-pah band, but I doubt anyone will pander to me.

Slioch

Guru
I think the fact the dogs were dressed in tutu's tells you everything you need to know about the mindset of the owners.
Some people just shouldn't be allowed to leave home, let alone inflict their own particular brand of lunacy on other people.
Kudos to the Captain for taking the brave decision to offload these morons, although it would have been better not to allow dogs on flights in the first place in which case the flight would have taken off on time and every other passenger would not have been inconvenienced by being 1.5 hrs delayed.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
If I were to pick an emotional support dog it'd be a damn sight bigger, my old 'oppo' would be a great choice.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Maybe the dogs need training and a licence to show they can act calmly on a plane. Make it a very expensive licence to stop people applying for them.

Sitting next to out of control children is bad enough. Imagine sitting next to an out of control owner with an out of control dog. 🙄

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Maybe the dogs need training and a licence to show they can act calmly on a plane. Make it a very expensive licence to stop people applying for them.

Sitting next to out of control children is bad enough. Imagine sitting next to an out of control owner with an out of control dog. 🙄

Good thinking.
I get serious anxiety with plane traval and people crammed into spaces.

A dog wouldn't help, it would be worse for me as I'd be anxious about the dog.
Normal pet loving people wouldn't put their dog through this trauma..

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to know somebody who did the Lagos-Schiphol route regularly with her Yorkie in a travel case. One day it had an episode of diarrhoea mid-flight, which can't have been pleasant for the other passengers

Top Bottom