CC friedly shirts for a tenner?

Would you buy a mistprinted CC shirt if you could get it for £10?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Cheers Mr Paul, I think I understand that now.

Anyone interested in a £20 shirt? No point me organising a bulk purchase from here, the postage would needlessly add to the cost.

abchandler

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
The cost price is irrelevant however if there is not a market for them.

What market? They have said they don't need to sell them, they can send them out as size samples.

Noodley

abchandler said:
What market? They have said they don't need to sell them, they can send them out as size samples.

I'd be a bit suspect of a company sending me a sizing sample with a mistake :biggrin: "Oh yeh, that was our fault we ****ed up an order before, now we're trying to get you to buy from us - we promise we won't do the same with you" :smile:

ChrisKH

Guru
yello said:
Cheers Mr Paul, I think I understand that now.

Anyone interested in a £20 shirt? No point me organising a bulk purchase from here, the postage would needlessly add to the cost.

It sounds like I'm one of only a few who is interested. Let me know how I would go about purchasing a 'friedly'.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I originally said I would buy a £20 one, but I don't think I'll bother now. I'll wait until the next order and get a full-price one.

I'll probably get quite a few Lidl summer cycling shirts for under £20 in about a month's time anyway (they always seem to sell them mid- to end-March).

Thanks anyway, Mr Paul.

(I also can't see the logic of keeping messed-up jerseys as samples - if I received a sample from a company that wasn't perfect, I doubt I'd be placing my order with them for fear that they'd do the same with mine). Oh well. They obviously don't need the money we'd have given them and they're keener to make nothing and use them as poor-quality samples.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
abchandler said:

Lets all ask for a free size sample then

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
goo_mason said:
(I also can't see the logic of keeping messed-up jerseys as samples - if I received a sample from a company that wasn't perfect, I doubt I'd be placing my order with them for fear that they'd do the same with mine). Oh well. They obviously don't need the money we'd have given them and they're keener to make nothing and use them as poor-quality samples.

It's a bluff, they are hoping that a few will still buy for £ 20 however given the end of the summer when they still have the box full in the store room they would I imagine take whatever they can get for them rather than bin them. There is no way any self respecting company would send out a sample with a spelling error on it.

BTW I agree on the Aldi cycling tops.

yello

On the scale of things, I doubt the cost a box full of 'friedly' shirts is an issue to Endura. Tis but the merest blip on their cash flow, not worth them spending any more time on. Past and forgotten.

Now, perhaps if you could get a hold of the right person (and I have no idea who that might be) one might be able to arrange a late evening exchange in a car park somewhere ;)

Mortiroloboy

Please can I have a blue one for a tenner? L/S or S/S matters not, size 5,(Large)?
(42" chesticle) Thankyou:smile:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Without wanting to jump to the defence of Endura(o?)might I try to reason the matter of why they appear disengenuous with regard the missprinted shirts?

Having worked with merchandising in the past, I can say that sending out samples can prove costly, so having a nice box of seconds to send out will pay for itself, as samples of a shirt and not of the printing.

Their nature is to recoup the basic cost of the shirts, offering to still reduce the price according to quantity is, I believe, a minimal but fair consession for the error.

It's not cricket I know, but they could say the misprints are not available for sale as they have been exchanged for good/new, and for the simple fact of not wanting their product and services to be misrepresented in light of people wanting to wear a sample of a simple but inevitably costly error.

Personally I say lets get them all @ £17, and everyone breaks even.

Endra(o)? recover basic cost and get shot of a box in their wharehouse.

The 'silly' cyclists, like myself get a limited edition CC 'Friedly' jersey.

And last but by no means least, Cycle Chat gets twice as much publicity.

You've been a wonderful audience, good morning.

yello

Can someone (Mr Paul?) let me have a contact person at Endura? I'm going to see if I can get a blak log sleve i medim :sad:

ChrisKH

Guru
yello said:
Can someone (Mr Paul?) let me have a contact person at Endura? I'm going to see if I can get a blak log sleve i medim :sad:

Ditto. If someone has a contact name and number I would like to do the same (although not medium, I'm a bit fatter than that).

Danny

Legendary Member
If we all start trying to place individual orders it is going to be quite an administrative overhead for them. Perhaps it will prompt them to think again.

Top Bottom