CC Jerseys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
That's okay, my birthday is at the end of January so just in time :biggrin:

Bigtallfatbloke

I got one of thos eirratating red cards from the postman th eother day...off I went down to the sorting office to collect what I was convinced was going to be my new jersey...but alas it was a pack of two ebergy saving light bulbs from some energy provider....sigh.

trio25

Über Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I got one of thos eirratating red cards from the postman th eother day...off I went down to the sorting office to collect what I was convinced was going to be my new jersey...but alas it was a pack of two ebergy saving light bulbs from some energy provider....sigh.

irratating that is the wrong attitude, I think of it as chance for a nice cycle to pick up some bike goodies, obviously light bulbs would be a let down!

Tetedelacourse

Bigtallfatbloke said:

Mrs T posted my pals' Christmas cards without stamps on them by mistake. One by one, they told me how they'd spent up to 50 minutes queueing in the Post Office to get whatever the red card referred to, only to discover that it was a Christmas card from us, for which they had to pay £1.24 for the privilege of receiving. Ah, funny.

I had to do that - it turned out to be the cat's vaccination card, not even a Christmas card...Addressed to him as well, but he never bothered picking it up or paying the fine, so I had to...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tetedelacourse said:
Mrs T posted my pals' Christmas cards without stamps on them by mistake. One by one, they told me how they'd spent up to 50 minutes queueing in the Post Office to get whatever the red card referred to, only to discover that it was a Christmas card from us, for which they had to pay £1.24 for the privilege of receiving. Ah, funny.

Class !! That would help reinforce the 'mean Scotsman' myth :becool:

I keep wondering if I should be able to get a discount from the Post Office every time the lazy sod of a postman leaves the mail in a big pile at the bottom of the stairs rather than climb them and put then through the correct doors. Who knows who could be lifting my mail since it's not securely behind my door ? Some cheeky bugger once lifted my Lovefilm DVDs, kept them for over a week (by which time I'd reported them as missing), then put them back in the envelopes, sealed them up with sellotape and left them at the bottom of the stairs when they were done :biggrin:

trio25

Über Member
punkypossum said:
I had to do that - it turned out to be the cat's vaccination card, not even a Christmas card...Addressed to him as well, but he never bothered picking it up or paying the fine, so I had to...

Round here you have to have ID with the name of the recepiant on. I assume you have id for your cat then?

Arch

Married to Night Train
goo_mason said:
Class !! That would help reinforce the 'mean Scotsman' myth :becool:

I felt horribly guilty when I accidentally under-postaged my Mum's birthday card (card and book token in card, both in A5 envelope) and she had to collect it and pay. And then when I sent two spare buttons to my sister, (for one of the cardis I knitted Oli), they made the envelope just too thick for the tiny slit they use to check, and so they cost her more to pick up too. I ask you, two buttons, making the damn letter about 1mm to thick... Rant, rant. And then I was having a rant about it to my mate the postie, saying, in those cases I resent paying a handling charge, because after all, they haven't even tried to deliver, and he said acutally, even the £1 doesn't cover the Royal Mail's costs in those cases. I have to wonder how that can be, it's not like they bring it to your door and say, know, we have to take it back again, they never deliver it in the first place!:biggrin:

Rant over.

Pete

On the subject of misdirected mail: now, when I get an item not addressed to me (usually right house number but quite the wrong street - probably down to a mis-reading of the post code), then I usually just pop it in the nearest pillarbox with the endorsement 'DELIVERED TO <my address> IN ERROR'. That way, I assume, the Royal Mail get an opportunity to monitor misdeliveries and maybe rectify the situation if performance drops. But do they?

I could of course easily take the item to the correct address myself (especially since I'm a cyclist, it won't cost me anything). This may be more helpful to the rightful recipient, true. But is it the right thing to do? And if, say, I get attacked by the addressee's dog, what's the position? I am not a postman.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Pete said:
I could of course easily take the item to the correct address myself (especially since I'm a cyclist, it won't cost me anything). This may be more helpful to the rightful recipient, true. But is it the right thing to do? And if, say, I get attacked by the addressee's dog, what's the position? I am not a postman.

I would imagine it would be something like you hopping on one foot, with a Yorkie attached to your other ankle....:rolleyes:

I think you're right to just repost it - unless it was for a next door neighbour or something.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Pete said:

I used to regularly get mail for the people in no. 331 on our road (lived in no. 231 at the time). I just used to walk down with it and pop it through the letterbox.

Top Bottom