CC Jodrell Bank Run Spring 2012 - SUNDAY 22nd April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Back by popular demand !

Sometime near to Easter, but not Easter weekend as I'll be in N.Wales. Preferences please?

Jodrell seems to be a popular lunch stop (with the new Facilities).

Usually about 60 miles, start finish Stockport Station 9.00am. Return 2/3pm.

I am thinking out via Hazel Grove/Torkington Lane, back roads towards High Lane, then towards Poynton via the level crossing/cobbles and towards Higher Poynton, Bollington, Prestbury, Wizard, down Artists Lane or Birtles, out towards Jodrell and return via Tatton again as that was pleasant, and allows our West/North Manchester lot to peal off there if they so wish. We also pass Wilmslow and Knutsford train stations for any casualties :thumbsup:

The route will be fixed compatible (I NOW know the route round Higher Poynton without going up the hill at the back of Lyme Park - that nearly popped a few kneecaps last time :wacko: - I blame the on line mapping for that).

I'll map it out later.

400bhp

Guru
count me in. I prefer saturdays, but will go with the consensus.

The sooner the better for me.

Edwards80

Über Member
Count me in too. Pretty easy on dates, nothing planned for those weekends so far. Starts 1 mile from home too :smile:

Did the Stockport/Poynton section a fortnight ago but came home via Woodford/Bramhall. Sounds like a good route.

potsy

Rambler
Any weekend but the ones of
The 100 miler that Colin has set up.
Or the spring into the dales audax event for me.
Not got dates to hand will check later

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Im interested... any free carparking nearby?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I would love to do this but I am sort of hoping to do Colin's ride on 1st Apr and then my shift pattern takes care of the weekends after easter until mid May :sad:

I will keep my eye on the dates and try to join you if I can, it was fab last time.

400bhp

Guru
25 march is cheshire cat. That is the only planned ride between this sunday (cheadle audax) and the end of march for me.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi fossyant

I like the idea. And have met a few of you and realy liked the last one as you were a lovely bunch !
My cycling calender is full at the mo though spring is empty
Keep me posted and I'll see if I can make it :smile:

Thanks

John :smile:

potsy

Rambler
The 15th April is the Peak 100.
It's also Spring into the Dales that quite a few of us will be doing.

1st April is Colin's 100 miler as TF has mentioned.
17th March is another forum ride already planned.

Any other dates would be best for me, but if the consensus is otherwise then fair do's.

Top Bottom