CC Jodrell Bank Run Spring 2012 - SUNDAY 22nd April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was just searching for something else in my old posts and found this thread again. This ride was about 3 months before I got seriously ill, and it is pretty scary to reread the following post ...

Pennine-Paul posted something that reminded me that I had a problem with a sore right leg a couple of years ago and I thought that the problem might be partly due to squeezing the greatly expanded me into too-tight Lycra (nice image, eh). I switched to baggy shorts last summer and they definitely helped

I have been looking back through old diaries and posts, and I can find numerous references to mysterious leg pains and breathing problems. I reckon I had been suffering from clotting problems for years and getting away with it, before the big one that nearly finished me off! That embolism was caused by a DVT which resulted from wearing over-tight trousers on a long journey.

Lessons learned: Keep moving, keep weight down, and do not wear stupidly tight clothing! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I remember talking to you about your leg issue on that very day !

ColinJ

I remember talking to you about your leg issue on that very day !
Indeed! :blush:

I ended up getting the DVT in the left leg, but I'd had problems with the right leg since doing the Kirklees Sportive in cold, damp conditions a few years before. I kept my leg warmers on all day and my right leg went completely numb about 3/4 of the way round. Those leg warmers were too tight because my legs had got fat since I'd bought them ... :whistle:

ColinJ

I'll look like a big clot!

Top Bottom