CC Jodrell Bank Run Spring 2012 - SUNDAY 22nd April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Edwards80

Über Member
Mr Sheen your bike inside the house whilst the Mrs is out. She'll get back and think you have done the polishing - excellent source of brownie points ;)

(Note to wife if you are reading this, I have never performed this trick)

Alun

Guru
That Cheshire rain finally did for my front wheel bearings, they were a bit noisy before, but as rough a bears a*se afterwards.
Fitted some nice shiny new ones tonight, all's well now!

:wacko:

TotallyFixed - how was the Brookes saddle - that 'other' bolt didn't look well ?

The bolt was almost completely sheered all the way through, sent it back to Brooks by special delivery and spoke to the guy in the workshop who said it was a first for him [I need to lose weight obviously]. The creaking was driving me mad, only hope I haven't wrecked the saddle by riding it with no tension in it.

potsy

Rambler
The bolt was almost completely sheered all the way through, sent it back to Brooks by special delivery and spoke to the guy in the workshop who said it was a first for him [I need to lose weight obviously]. The creaking was driving me mad, only hope I haven't wrecked the saddle by riding it with no tension in it.
I didn't like to say :whistle:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The bolt was almost completely sheered all the way through, sent it back to Brooks by special delivery and spoke to the guy in the workshop who said it was a first for him

Thats good of Brooks then. Really didn't look well did it. I recon it will be fine once fixed. I can't say Charge are very good with their saddles, hence I'll never buy another one - at least Wiggle were good about a refund after 12 months.

Oi! a bit more respect for your elders, [not you Alun,
character0032.gif
] truth is though after nearly 4 hours of rain my knees were creaking.

Judderz

I can't say Charge are very good with their saddles, hence I'll never buy another one,

What issues did you have with Charge? I have one on each of my road bikes, one is 2 years old, the other 2 weeks old, not had a problem with either of them and still as comfy as the day I bought them. (But I suppose everyone's body make up/seat position etc is different)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What issues did you have with Charge? I have one on each of my road bikes, one is 2 years old, the other 2 weeks old, not had a problem with either of them and still as comfy as the day I bought them. (But I suppose everyone's body make up/seat position etc is different)

The Spoon is OK - the Knife is a pile of poo. Had two crack in the middle of the saddle. Potsy had also had one fail. Apparently, because it's designed with less padding (weight) they made the base more flexible. What a load of pants ! Never had a saddle break. Fortunately, Wiggle were very good. Gone back to Selle Italia.

Judderz

Ahhh...I have 2 spoons....But hate my Selle Italia...Horses for Courses I guess

I have a brand new CSN K6 Superleggera that came with the new Ribble, didn't even give that a chance, swapped it immediately for a Spoon.

potsy

Rambler
The Spoon is OK - the Knife is a pile of poo. Had two crack in the middle of the saddle. Potsy had also had one fail. Apparently, because it's designed with less padding (weight) they made the base more flexible.

Mine was definitely nothing to do with weight issues :whistle:
I got no joy from Charge or Tredz where I bought it from, did though try the Spoon from Wiggle which has been fine.

Top Bottom