CC Jodrell Bank Run Spring 2012 - SUNDAY 22nd April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oh yeah, to add to the shopping list I need a new shorter stem cos I'm sick of sore shoulders during and after the ride.

I'm only 5ft (and half an inch) and my bike frame is 50.5cm with a current stem of 10cm so need a radically shorter one.

Feel free to chip in with suggestions.
One thing you could try is to flip your stem over. That has the effect of lifting the bars and bringing them back a little. It might make enough difference to make you comfortable on the bike - it did for me, on my other road bike.

Two things though, if you decide to try that - your cables might be too short (mine only just had enough slack), and you may not like the appearance of the stem that way up.

There's a discussion about short stems on the CTC forum here.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Pennine-Paul posted something that reminded me that I had a problem with a sore right leg a couple of years ago and I thought that the problem might be partly due to squeezing the greatly expanded me into too-tight Lycra (nice image, eh). I switched to baggy shorts last summer and they definitely helped so I've just ordered some 3/4 length Endura Humvees for these colder, wetter rides and will see if the leg problem eases off when I wear them.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Noisy buggers those mudguard things......

Not SKS's.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Doh,

Going to have to make sure the bike is really clean after Sunday's ride - just got a message that one of the major bike mags wants to do an article on my Dura Ace 7402 groupset ! :becool:

Top Bottom