CC Jodrell Bank Run Spring 2012 - SUNDAY 22nd April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Cheers for the invite Steve,i have sown the seed about our cunning plan and she is checking her work rota for the weekend.Good to meet you both,sorry the weather was so bad :rain:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Sounds like you had fun :-)

Heres a pic from last year

Group%252520shot%252520at%252520Jodrell%2525204.JPG

potsy

Rambler
She is now in bed having feasted on an omelette and grated carrot, I kid you not! She will no doubt post something posh tomorrow.
Wow, what a coincidence, that's what I had too :mrpig: :whistle:

You can tell how much I really wanted to be holding that bike on the pic can't you :laugh:

See you on the next one, fixed friendly I believe :whistle:

dr_pink

Wow, what a coincidence, that's what I had too :mrpig: :whistle:
TF failed to mention the mountain of chocolate and red wine that followed the omelette...

See you on the next one, fixed friendly I believe :whistle:
out of those of us on fixed I definitely had the best gearing size for that ride..... I got up that hill (...just)!:wahhey:

Great photos! I'm very glad they were taken AFTER the cafe stop - I certainly don't think a photo of me in the few miles before jodrell would have been a good advert for forum rides! TF reckoned it took lecabnoir and myself at least half an hour in the cafe to stop shaking from cold!
Great company anyway and good ride though (apart from the cold and wet and detour through Macc!)
Oh and my plan to have my mum saving me a seat in the cafe backfired a bit due to our detour delaying our arrival - she was sat in the cafe for about an hour and asked any cyclists that came in if they were part of the stockport bunch and whether they'd seen a pink cyclist... and gave up and left!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
An old injury reared it's head last night - really sore hamstring anchor point on the outside of my left knee - wrecked it running many years ago - only plays up now when I suddenly up the mileage - riding fixed helps, but I've only done two long rides in over 18 months - usually limited by my shoulder - guess what, that's fine :wacko:.

I shall book better weather in the summer !

potsy

Rambler
TF failed to mention the mountain of chocolate and red wine that followed the omelette...

Great photos! I'm very glad they were taken AFTER the cafe stop - I certainly don't think a photo of me in the few miles before jodrell would have been a good advert for forum rides! TF reckoned it took lecabnoir and myself at least half an hour in the cafe to stop shaking from cold!
You'll get fat :mrpig:

Even I'm not cruel enough to take pics of people suffering (unless it was Colin) was good to see you both looking better after the stop, think my gloves are just about dry now :rain:

Talking of Colin, where is he?
He was suffering on that last stretch with his hip(?)

potsy

Rambler
Funnily enough my shoulder- injured in a big of CXing last autumn- is aching like a sod today and my normally taught hamstrings feel like a ballerina's! go figure!
That'll be all the walking you did, warmed 'em up nicely :thumbsup:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It was bloody horrible. Stepped out into pouring rain. Wouldn't have bothered if it was just me. Glad I put on decent overshoes, winter gloves and a 'boil in the bag' race cape - it was cold enough not to boil !

Hope Colin's hip is OK.

sdr gb

Falling apart
After my shower last night, I threw all my wet kit into the washer. In my rush to get some food I didn't register the red Cofidis jersey I had on. Pulled everything out this morning and the white straps on my bib shorts are now a lovely shade of pink. :blush:

After my shower last night, I threw all my wet kit into the washer. In my rush to get some food I didn't register the red Cofidis jersey I had on. Pulled everything out this morning and the white straps on my bib shorts are now a lovely shade of pink. :blush:

Sell em to Potsy should nicely match his new bike :laugh:

out of those of us on fixed I definitely had the best gearing size for that ride..... I got up that hill (...just)!:wahhey:
I've always used a fairly high gearing on the fixed,I can get up 95% of the hills where i live,
Those that are too steep to climb and have to walk up would be no quicker riding up at walking pace
on a lower gearing and then you have to spin like crazy on the downhills.
Using a higher gear is much easier on rolling hills,spin for 30 secs down the dips and the impetus
takes you most of the way up the other side.

Top Bottom