CC Jodrell Bank Run Spring 2012 - SUNDAY 22nd April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sdr gb

Falling apart
Just finished cleaning and lubing the bike.:angel:
Despite the weather, enjoyed today, always good to get out with a good bunch. Got home with just over 91 miles showing on the GPS. Almost added on the extra 9 miles to make it a nice round 100 but the lure of a warm shower was too much to resist.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Where are they then?

Personal use only. Ahem.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just finished the bike off now, dried off. Legs sore as its the longest I've been on a bike in 6 months. Got a tonne of black crud out of the overshoes, and my shoes are drying on the radiator.

Couldn't believe the puddles under our feet in the cafe though.

Alun

Guru
Good ride, thanks Fossy. The weather could have been better in the first half, but it's character building! How's your hip Colin?

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
What a tip top great day.
From the perspective of some one who has never been on one of the forum rides before, it was a real joy to meet and ride with you all.
The route was grand and what a friendly bunch,the rain was not the best but being a diver for the last 20 years and spending many weekends 30 mtrs under the Irish sea getting wet is nothing new.
Thanks

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Here's my take on the day,not as much as Potsy .......
Group shot with Potsy at Jodrell Bank
RidetoJodrellBank005.jpg

It rained a lot !
RidetoJodrellBank008.jpg

Fixie fest at Tatton
RidetoJodrellBank006.jpg

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
What a tip top great day.
From the perspective of some one who has never been on one of the forum rides before, it was a real joy to meet and ride with you all.
The route was grand and what a friendly bunch,the rain was not the best but being a diver for the last 20 years and spending many weekends 30 mtrs under the Irish sea getting wet is nothing new.
Thanks
Glad you liked the Forum ride,they become very addictive and it is always good to meet new faces,hope to see you again.
This group as a whole has been a real bonus to my cycling and i really enjoy the company.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
After all the talk of a "Poncy" menu, the "Hand Cut Chips" were on the epic side , with a large tea pot i wanted to cuddle my hands were so cold.
That was the first ride this year over 30 miles and my legs feel it now, need to get some riding done over the next few weeks or i will never get round the Isle of Skye sportive at the end of next month.

Finally made it home at 7.20pm after a cup of tea and shower at the outlaws. Thanks Fossy, I think, you really need to come to Rutland with your fixed and I can take you on a very friendly fixed ride [I'll be on gears].
Potsy, we have a dilemma, can't decide who looks better with dr pink's bike, so we may have to put it to the vote.
Colin. hope you are ok, let us know how the hip is.
Great to meet everyone and apologies for holding you all up in Tatton.
Skud, get to work on the family ref coming down, dr pink would be, well, tickled pink. She is now in bed having feasted on an omelette and grated carrot, I kid you not! She will no doubt post something posh tomorrow.

Top Bottom