CC Jodrell Bank Run Spring 2012 - SUNDAY 22nd April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am going here
SK1 3AA , its 2 mins away ,
My triple clock forum ride alarm system worked its usual magic! The very act of setting the alarms tells my body that it must not oversleep so I wake myself up every 20 minutes until 04:30 to check the alarms (having not gone to bed until 02:00 in the first place). Eventually, I can't get to sleep again and lie in bed wondering whether to dress for heavy rain or take my chances. At 05:45, I accept that I am not going to get back to sleep and decide to get up. Suddenly, all 3 alarms go off and jar me awake from 15 minutes deep sleep! :wacko:

See you at 07:30 and everyone else at 9:00! :thumbsup:

Well I forgot to set my alarm,but it didn't matter
cos the rain woke me up at 5.30 :rain:
there are hints of blue sky on the horizon tho
hopefully it'll have passed thru shortly

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well I forgot to set my alarm,but it didn't matter
cos the rain woke me up at 5.30 :rain:
there are hints of blue sky on the horizon tho
hopefully it'll have passed thru shortly
You want the blue sky to pass thru quickly - I'd like it to stay all day!

The forecast on the BBC just now didn't look good - heavy showers on and off all day so it is Full Mental Jacket for me!

And I'd better get ready now or I will be late for DD ...

Chucking cat and dogs here at 5.30 so went back to bed, hope it clears for you guys but still raining here with no sign of a let up:cold:

Edwards80

Über Member
Still raining here, only light though (I live 3 mins away from the meetup point) - Wife's logic was good : "Take your bag, then you can take your other jacket for when the rain stops. . . you can put some cake in there too". Sounded like a good idea to me :biggrin:

See you all shortly!

Schneil

Veteran
Hi all, just got back home. Sorry I had to bail, but I was finished when I got really really wet in my gilet and my gloves failed.
Myself Alan and Mike took refuge in a wetherspoons in Macc, then took the train back to Stockport. I hope the rest of you guys make it round OK, the weather is starting to improve.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Yep that was purdy wet. TT'd back down the A6 and got back about 90 mins ago. Just thawed out. Nice to see new faces on the ride.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Just got back in left them heading off towards Tatton Park. Outstanding cafe although a little full. Shame about the showers lasting for two hours with some really heavy rain. Left a little early to keep swmbo happy. She has gone out with the kids, could have stayed till the end. Roll on a sunny one :smile:

Edwards80

Über Member
Just got back. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride despite the 2 hour rain fest at the start :biggrin: The cafe was great and they were very nice about the huge puddles we left for them :smile:

Great to have a chat to folks from the forum and put names to faces.

Was hoping to have tea waiting for me when I got in, instead I have found both my Wife and her road bike missing! How selfish of her to go out without me, I was only out for 6 hours! ;) Now off out again to meet her at the in-laws to ride home. Thought I was done for the day :wacko:

Thanks again to Fossy for organising it!

Top Bottom