CC one year on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

It is now over a year since the C+ implosion. Has anything significant happened to you in that time? Expand... (cos I am nosey) :smile:

Tetedelacourse

sadly, no!

Will1985

Über Member
Many of us can now say we have had some rendezvous with strange people we met on internet fora!

I also have a cool jersey (plus several more spare sitting in a box at home!).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Second what Will said - met a few folk from here, and 2.5 stone lighter than last July when I joined up..... Almost done 12 months in my return to cycle commuting...

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
What hasn't happened.

Went to University, passed the exams and ended up in the top 10%, off to France next week for 7 weeks to work in Toulouse, lost my European amatuesr Thai Boxing title, but did get to the final again though, and had a bereavement. Then I'm off to Finland for a year in September.

*phew*

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Lost a shedload of weight, went up Mont Ventoux and met some excellent people.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hmm... not much change for me now I think about it :smile::smile::biggrin:
Still exactly the same weight, debt levels about the same, sitting here doing what I was doing a year ago (work-wise), kids a year older (they are always a joy).... on the cycling front, I've done more miles this year than ever before in my life (:tongue:) and have done a big organised ride (Northern Rock) which is a first for me... :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Went from a folder to a racer, got fitter and fast, can climb hills better and do alot more miles.
Met some people from here which was nice aswell:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Oh my word, you lot are responsible for SO much.

1) Bought Liesl. Suddenly discovered the joys of a great bike and found that hills were the best thing ever.
2) Became obsessed with cycling.
3) Cycled round India.
4) Broke my leg. Spent winter on a turbo trainer.
5) Recovered and fulfilled a long term ambition to do a proper bike trip including the Alps.
6) Discovered the joys of cols.
7) Have learned SO much about bikes.
8) Have made some lovely on-line friends (which sounds a bit weird, I know)
9) Am now working as PS to the DS of the Tour de Cyclechat and working hard for my poor pay but loving nearly every minute.
10) Have recruited my mother unsuspectingly into some kind of modern slavery.
11) Have learned to make flapjack.

Keith Oates

Janner
Went from Vietnam to China and Back again, Vietnam is OK but China is my first love after Hong Kong. Slow start to 2008 on the cycling front but now getting back into a good stride so happy with that. Of the current active members of CC have only met Dayvo which was good but hope to meet more if/when I get back to the UK or hopefully some people may come out this way for a holiday. One thing is for sure there are many 'friends' on this forum who would always rally around when the going gets tough and that's comforting to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom