CC one year on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Finally got divorced, cleared all of my post-separation debts at last after 6 years, lost NO weight :smile:, got a road bike and learned to mix it with traffic without being a big jessie.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Two slipped discs, one broken arm, one broken foot and the bathroom scales have started telling lies.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I have a new Daughter (still have the old one too though, not some bizarre trade-in agreement with the local LBS... I digress) but I don't think it had anything to do with you lot. :smile:

I also got knocked off my bike for the first time ever... but again, I won't hold you all responsible. :smile:

Tetedelacourse

In the town, where I was born, lived a man, who sailed the sea!

Nick - update for you on the idiot I have to sit opposite at work.

She reported that whilst watching the tv with her pal last week, Mugabe came on. "That monster deserves a bullet between his ears" she said. Her friend replied with a surprised "pardon?". "Well, y'know, the atrocities n that" she explains. At which point her friend corrected her "no, that's Nelson Mandela".

What a moron.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Tetedelacourse said:
In the town, where I was born, lived a man, who sailed the sea!

Nick - update for you on the idiot I have to sit opposite at work.

She reported that whilst watching the tv with her pal last week, Mugabe came on. "That monster deserves a bullet between his ears" she said. Her friend replied with a surprised "pardon?". "Well, y'know, the atrocities n that" she explains. At which point her friend corrected her "no, that's Nelson Mandela".

What a moron.
Nissan Main Dealer, possibly? ;)

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I had a stroke in jan 07, lost my memory and lost feeling to my right hand and foot. I've since then recovered and now have pins and needles in my hand and foot.
I celebrated my recovery by spending an obcene amount of money on a new bike and kit.

GrahamG

Guru
It's been an eventful one for me too!

Moved from Birmingham to Bristol
Did first overnight stay bike ride
Did first 100 mile ride
Ordered custom Hewitt audax
Did first bit of mountain biking for over 16 years
Fractured my ankle writing off any riding in July/early August ;)

Have still not managed to meet anyone off the board in Bristol yet!

NickM

Veteran
Tetedelacourse said:
...her friend corrected her "no, that's Nelson Mandela".
Couldn't she tell by the glowing halo? ;)

My life continues to be different, so there's no change there.
Left Sweden (probably just temporarily after many years) to live/work in Norway.
Making serious plans to further my work/leisure lifestyle.
Want (and sooner or later will get) a fixed and a road bike.
Planning a major long bike trip in two years.
Would like to meet as many CC people as possible (three so far: Keith Oates, Andy Bell and Mr Hippo), a la Danny Wallace in Join Me.
To get as many miles in my legs as I can.
And to enjoy life as much as possible and not take things for granted.

Danny

Legendary Member
cookiemonster said:
What hasn't happened.

Went to University, passed the exams and ended up in the top 10%, off to France next week for 7 weeks to work in Toulouse, lost my European amateur Thai Boxing title, but did get to the final again though, and had a bereavement. Then I'm off to Finland for a year in September.

*phew*

Wow - some year.

Sorry you lost your title but just getting to the European finals is impressive. In fact I'm impressed to find that we have a former European Thai Boxing champion on the forum.

And hope you are gradually getting over your partner's bereavement. I know these things take time.

TVC

In no particular order:

Had my cat put down.
Took up gliding.
Got even more irresistable to women.
Started drinking Guinness.

U

User482

Rode from Land's End to John O' Groats and got engaged. Though not at the same time.

Top Bottom