CC one year on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Dayvo said:
Where abouts are you going, Cookie? I'm planning on visiting a mate in Tampere (he's a cyclist) in the autumn, and will be travelling via Helsinki.

Maybe you can blow me out again! Bangkok, Finland . . . ! :wacko:

Steady on old man:evil:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Dannyg said:
Wow - some year.

Sorry you lost your title but just getting to the European finals is impressive. In fact I'm impressed to find that we have a former European Thai Boxing champion on the forum.

And hope you are gradually getting over your partner's bereavement. I know these things take time.

Thanks dude. Getting back to normal-ish slowly.

I am taking time off from the Thai Boxing this Summer, I have overtrained for the past 2 years and have a few niggling injuries to shake off but I'm able to do more cycling than I have been able to do recently.

Nice to have a break from something. Will be back training in September.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Where abouts are you going, Cookie? I'm planning on visiting a mate in Tampere (he's a cyclist) in the autumn, and will be travelling via Helsinki.

Maybe you can blow me out again! Bangkok, Finland . . . ! :wacko:

I will be in Oulu from the 6th September. I can get to Tampere quite easily from there. Tampere is awesome cycling country.

You are not going to let me forget about Bangkok are you?

cookiemonster said:
I will be in Oulu from the 6th September. I can get to Tampere quite easily from there. Tampere is awesome cycling country.

You are not going to let me forget about Bangkok are you?

In time, Cookie, in time! :wacko:

Yeah, it is indeed. Especially in the autumn, I'd imagine. Oulu is a long way north, but if it works out, maybe Tampere!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tetedelacourse said:
In the town, where I was born, lived a man, who sailed the sea!

Nick - update for you on the idiot I have to sit opposite at work.

She reported that whilst watching the tv with her pal last week, Mugabe came on. "That monster deserves a bullet between his ears" she said. Her friend replied with a surprised "pardon?". "Well, y'know, the atrocities n that" she explains. At which point her friend corrected her "no, that's Nelson Mandela".

What a moron.

Is she related to Jade Goody ?

That was classic :wacko:

Will1985 said:
I also have a cool jersey (plus several more spare sitting in a box at home!).

Apropros, a request was made for an XL long-sleeve full zip, blue top.
What's the latest? :smile:

longers

Legendary Member
A good idea about jerseys HJ :smile:.

Good luck in your new job.

More cycling than I have ever done previously, met some excellent people from on here, moved house, kept my job, re-homed the dog.

Shaun

Founder
Got flooded, moved out, changed jobs, got house repaired, moved back in, went to Disneyland Paris, oh ... and got 2400+ members to my previously quite (empty) cycling forum and some new nifty cycling jerseys and bibs. :rolleyes:

Thanks to you all for making CC what it is ... a forum is only as good as it's members! :ohmy:

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

NickM

Veteran
mickle said:
I was going to show off my superior knowledge of East London cycle racing circuits by saying 'That's Eastway that is'. And then I saw the url. So I wont. Great picture though, is that your actual HPV?
It is Eastway - the hairpin was where all the photographers gathered :wacko:

That streamliner is a friend's - mine is also a Davies D6, but it isn't that pretty (yet). It's going to have sharks' teeth, like my Airfix Curtiss Kittyhawk :evil:

Top Bottom