CC'ers spotted on the commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Used to cycle in with Tharg (where is he now???) until he changed jobs, and have seen Dan_Bo a couple of times when I've been going through a crossroads/traffic lights and he's been waiting to move across *my* road when his lights change. As Fossy says, met him and JTM at cycle to work meetings too.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
I've not knowingly seen any CCers on my commute, although other cyclists are frequent enough (Granton, Queensferry Rd, Maybury, South Gyle and locations west).

Sam

fimm

Veteran
Like Ravenbait, I'm an Edinburgh commuter and see plenty of other cyclists on my jaunt down to Haymarket to get on the train. I'm not aware that there are any CycleChatters in that area, though, nor on my 'long commute' when I do the full distance out to Livingston.

abo

Not spotted any other CC'ers in my area. I know Terry Gardener cycles in my area but not sure whether I've encountered him or not

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
saw AKA Bob this morning - well, he saw me and called out, and we stopped to chat. He was on a Barclays Hire Bike!

I see Origamist from time to time (on the last occasion he tried to lift my rolled up copy of the Guardian out of my back pocket), and Adrian, TimO, User10571 and others have crossed my path. I see a lot of FNRttCers

Theres a few live in my area, Mark Robson, Carolonabike and Sonofpear (probably a couple more too) although we have chatted on here I dont think I have seen any of them out and about. Mark did say that I passed him on the Cyclone the other week. It would be nice to put faces to the names.

whitebait

I keep an eye out, but being a new boy it's mostly supposition...

I'm the tall chap with the helmetcam riding a ridgeback horizon (silver), often with two panniers. I start at tooting broadway and head up to old street, obviously the reverse is true at hometime... Say hi if you spot me!

Tynan

Veteran
Leyton Condor ages ago

A chap i forget now on the Mile End Road a year and half ago

Someone saw me once at London Bridge as they exited the station

Ravenbait

Like Ravenbait, I'm an Edinburgh commuter and see plenty of other cyclists on my jaunt down to Haymarket to get on the train. I'm not aware that there are any CycleChatters in that area, though, nor on my 'long commute' when I do the full distance out to Livingston.

What route do you take out to Livingston? It puts you in roughly the same area as me for part of my commute, I'd have thought.

Sam

fimm

Veteran
What route do you take out to Livingston? It puts you in roughly the same area as me for part of my commute, I'd have thought.

Sam

Not quite, I think - I take the A70 out through Balerno, while I think you're a bit further north than that?

(I'm on a yellow and black Giant OCR for that ride, if anyone does come that way - but it is only once or twice a week at most. The rest of the time I'm a woman in a suit on a Brompton going through Haymarket.)

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I'd be surprised if there were none on my commute (from Newmarket ish to Brooklands Avenue area, Cambridge) given the high numbers of cyclists hereabouts. None spotted to date though.

Ravenbait

Not quite, I think - I take the A70 out through Balerno, while I think you're a bit further north than that?

(I'm on a yellow and black Giant OCR for that ride, if anyone does come that way - but it is only once or twice a week at most. The rest of the time I'm a woman in a suit on a Brompton going through Haymarket.)

Ah. One main road further north, in fact. I get no further south than the Park & Ride at Hermiston.

Sam

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I've not knowingly seen any CCers on my commute, although other cyclists are frequent enough (Granton, Queensferry Rd, Maybury, South Gyle and locations west).

Sam

Leith, Ferry Road, Inverleith, Craigleith, Roseburn Path, Corstorphine Road, Saughton, Broomhouse, Edinburgh Park.

Never see anyone else these days, though did wave across Ferry Road to HlaB once.

Top Bottom