CD giveaway.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Also applies to books, you can't legally lend a book to anybody without the authors or the publishers consent

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Never knew that, do libraries have to pay a royalty every time they lend a book out?

D

Deleted member 26715

Never knew that, do libraries have to pay a royalty every time they lend a book out?
Not sure how it works, I only know about the book thing due to the rants & arguments that went off on Amazon when the Kindle first came out, people were arguing that if you had bought the physical book then you would lend it out & they couldn't understand why it couldn't be done on the Kindle. The righteous who were trying to protect the authors rights didn't want it to happen & they were the ones preaching about copyright infringement. However I think you can now 'loan' out books on Amazon between families or something like that so the rules may have changed.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Some carbooter will come along, furtively look left & right a couple of times then swiftly dump the lot in their car & speed away, all you'll hear is the tyre squeal .
Sad to say thaat this type of thing happens all the time. My partner had about 8 kilos of apples from here tree that she couldn't give away. She put them outside in a box with a "free" sign on. Next day she found half of them had been thrown around the street and at neighbours' houses:cursing:

Sharky

Guru
We've still got zillions of CD's. I've mentioned before that our autistic daughter has to have the physical cases to be able to select the ones she wants. Usually one of Human League, abba, chess, and 80'sGroove repeatedly through out the day. It drives us crazy. Same with DVD's.

tyred

Legendary Member
Sad to say thaat this type of thing happens all the time. My partner had about 8 kilos of apples from here tree that she couldn't give away. She put them outside in a box with a "free" sign on. Next day she found half of them had been thrown around the street and at neighbours' houses:cursing:
Sadly that sort of thing happens all the time and it wouldn't surprise me if Brandane found his neighbourhood littered with CDs in the next few days.

Many years ago a friend of my Dad's who ran a shop in town used to have calendars printed to give to his regulars at Christmas and he stopped doing it after they were mostly found lying all over the car park.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sadly that sort of thing happens all the time and it wouldn't surprise me if Brandane found his neighbourhood littered with CDs in the next few days.
I've noticed a few people round here have been putting piles of toys and books out on their walls with notices saying that they are free to take. One family have put some bookshelves out with lots of books on. I often cycle past that one but haven't stopped to check out what is there.

So far it all seems very civilised and there are no sign of things being chucked around. It has rained a few times since the items were put outside so I'm sure that the books will have got a bit soggy. Today's very warm conditions should have dried them out though!

I think it is because all of the charity shops are closed. People are spending their lockdowns tidying their houses and have nowhere to take the surplus items to.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Well done on doing all that by the way. I did all mine years ago to MP3 then realised I should have done them to FLAC... So I ripped them all again.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nobody really gives a fook though :whistle:
People trying to earn a living from writing music, books or software DO!

The problem is that most people have got so used to the idea that digital = free that it is becoming harder to sell things in the way they used to be sold.

Still, there are also lots of opportunities which didn't exist before. Most bands would probably never have got a recording contract anyway, but now have the chance to promote themselves online.

Top Bottom