Celebrity spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Today me and the wife were having drinks in a London hotel and the wife said why's that man wearing a bandana in a posh hotel? I turned around and it was only Bruce Springsteen!
The wife flew over for a picture and he was more than happy to have his picture taken. As celebrity spotting goes, it's high up there.

The Mrs with Bruce

image.jpeg

So who have you spotted out and about?

Mostly Richard E. Grant

colly

Re member eR
Once upon a time.

Jimmy Saville

Oh and when I was nowt burralad one school lunchtime I almost bumped into the pneumatic Honor Blackman (in the days of The Avengers) I don't know if she was smiling or not because after the initial clocking I wasn't looking at her face.

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Verity Rushworth in Costco, Emma Atkins out jogging and Dominic Brunt at the cinema (all Emmerdale)
Sue Cleaver and Brooke Vincent (Corrie) at a Kylie gig.
John Charles (legendary Leeds Utd and Wales footballer) in a book store
Bill Maynard (Selwyn Froggat / Claude Greengrass) at a school fete.

None of them really match up to The Boss though...apart from John Charles

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Buster Bloodvessel and Robbie Coltrane, both big characters

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Me?? I have met plenty, albeit mostly relatively minor celebs like local news readers past and present, one of which I actually worked with for a while, Forbes McFall, in his new job after leaving BBC Scotland, working as a teacher. I have also met people like Annette Crosby (with her dogs of the time, one of which was a 3 legged greyhound)... You know, the wife in 'One foot in the grave'?
Also the late Desmond Llwellwn (spelling?), or 'Q' as he was better known as from the Bond films.
Also various people at book signings like Will Self and..... Heck I can't ever remember now (the books must have been that memorable).

I have mosly seen Pete Waterman (I know I know) quite a bit at Railway events (he isn't just into.... Erm.... Music you know). I also seem to see the Royals quite a lot and have even said 'Hello' to the Queen (I know, I know, but I wasn't in the mood to say something rude), and I also see a lot of politicians (I once shook Tony Blair's hand - What WAS I thinking?!) and the odd footballer and other sportspeople too, mainly the Scottish (UK) Curling teams and the junior players as they practice on public ice sheets, not to mention seeing them play in competitions.

Oh, and we have a family friend who used to live opposite the late Ricky Fulton, and we used to live up the road from Rose Harvey, the Scottish Green Party leader, Patrick Harvey's mum.

There are others, but those are who I can remember right now.

.... Oh yes, and I once had an all too brief exchange on Twitter (in the days when I did it) with Boris Johnson about the Scottish referendum and building a new Hadrian's wall (his words) :giggle:

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
Ian Cuthbertson, many years ago at the shops.
Tom Baker, many years ago dressed as Dr Who, in Safeway.
Ally McCoist in a pub.
Roddy Frame from Aztec Camera and Dee Hepburn from Gregory's Girl in their home town.
Chris Evans, Andy Garcia, Michael Douglas, Jamie Rednap (very friendly), Samuel L Jackson at the golf.
Princess Anne, Zara and Peter at Burghie Horse Trials.

Top Bottom