Celebrity spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
W here do I start !
Twinkle ( Terry ) as a kid and I had to pay 5 schillings for her autograph for charity
George Harrison as kids we went to his house in Esher) and when we put our heads around the entrance to his property he was playing croquet on his lawn and he told us to f **k off. Which we did of cause.
Chuck Berry - full of himself but got his autobiography signed.
The Greatest - book signing session in Croydon. What can I say other than he was the nicest celebrity I ever me. Forget the book signing he over run the time he was due to stay there just to ensure every ones scrap of paper got signed.
BB King signed album cover after I got through his security.
Barry Sheene - Upset him when I asked him whether he had changed his opinion of the TT.
Steve Parish motorcycle racer lovely man
John Mc Guiness TT winner absolutely brilliant fella
Joey Dunlop Great man as are his nephews Michael & William
Numerous TT & MotoGp riders
Lenny Henry great fella who still spoke about his mates in Dudley.
I will end this list on a sour note. Judy Dench what an obnoxious and snobby woman she is.

Dot Cotton (Uune Brown), she gave me a big hug and said she used to have a boyfriend as tall as me :smooch:
She did a speech for us at a school where I was a Chair of Governors so I got to speak to her before and after. A really lovely lady and the theme of her speech as it was a Senior school was if you have a dream to do something just keep striving for it as it wasn't till late in her life she got the part in EastEnders.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Just had the pleasure of meeting Hannah Grant that does the food nutrition and food videos on GCN cycling on YouTube channel. Charming lady !

Last edited:

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Walked by The Krankies in Edinburgh today. They looked like very happy people.
IMG_20180824_114733103_1.jpg

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
The only remotely interesting story I have involves Pete Waterman, Michaela Strachan and a dancing contest

Went to a club a zillion years ago called Mr Smith's (Warrington?). Dancing with a couple of mates and I got a tap on my shoulder and it was only Pete Waterman. He liked my moves (or was it the burgundy wool blazer and hound tooth check pants?)

They were filming "The Hitman and Her" (a sorta late night TV show). Part of it was a dancing comp. And I was in

Fast forward, standing in the wings of the stage, on I go. Get interviewed by Michaela, I make some inane comments. She told me to show the moves. Off I went

I didn't win

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
About a week ago Johnny Vegas was on the plane out on my holiday, a couple of days ago he was at the waterpark as I was leaving... I think I have a celebrity stalker !

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
We bumped into Malandra Burrows in Tesco the other week and we've seen Verity Rushworth in Costco.

I've met football legend John Charles and fellow legend Eddie Gray was a mate of my late father in law so we met through him.
I've also crossed paths with Gary Speed, Noel Whelan and David Batty. And watched Gordon Strachan argue with the clerk in a video rental shop.

I've met Lucas Radebe through work and he's genuinely one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

And also at work I've met Noel Collins, who played Sgt Parrish in Juliet Bravo - top that if you can. :tongue:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Many years ago I used to go out with someone who now makes and presents exploitative programmes on Channel 4 .

classic33

Leg End Member
We bumped into Malandra Burrows in Tesco the other week and we've seen Verity Rushworth in Costco.

I've met football legend John Charles and fellow legend Eddie Gray was a mate of my late father in law so we met through him.
I've also crossed paths with Gary Speed, Noel Whelan and David Batty. And watched Gordon Strachan argue with the clerk in a video rental shop.

I've met Lucas Radebe through work and he's genuinely one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

And also at work I've met Noel Collins, who played Sgt Parrish in Juliet Bravo - top that if you can. :tongue:
The original Wolfetones, Paddy Reilly, Christ Moore. And not whilst they performing.

Anthony Daly & Ger Loughnane.

Brendan O'Carroll, at his restautant in Scarriff

Top Bottom