Cellulitis advice please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
As you know i had a funny turn last Saturday morning,that meant a long stay at St Jimmies.I was given antibiotics for Cellulitis,now i have two or three days worth of pills left.
Yesterday i tried to do a 45 mile ride,i blew up after 15 the return journey was awful,today i feel knackered i walked to my Opticians only about two miles to pick up some glasses,i fell asleep in the conservatory for over an hour later in the afternoon.
So those of you that have suffered this problem,should i keep any eye out and maybe see my quack next week if the lethargy and fatigue continue.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
As per the previous post if you have cellulitis there's not a hope in hell you wouldbe on a bike , I had it last year it put me in hospital for well over a week my right knee all the way down to my ankle was affected it took me months to get full movement back in the joint

As per the previous post if you have cellulitis there's not a hope in hell you wouldbe on a bike , I had it last year it put me in hospital for well over a week my right knee all the way down to my ankle was affected it took me months to get full movement back in the joint

I think it depends on the severity - the first episode i had put me in bed for 3days - when i did feel well enough to get to the doctors I was in a lot of pain and could only walk with difficulty and had to take a taxi - threatened with IV ABs - but after three days on tablets I managed the 4miles to the doctors for a review on my bike (admittedly still in some pain and with the biggest shoe i could find on one foot) - the last three episodes i have had there has been the illness, the rash and the swelling but not so much pain.

And to the OP - it takes me about three weeks to rid the system of the not feeling 100% and being tired more easily

Touch wood it is now over 6 months that i have not had a recurrance

Top Bottom