Cement/concrete mixer needed - any advice on which model to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
My caving club has one of each, both many decades old. The cement mixer was apparently a cast off from a member who'd bought it 2nd hand to build his extension and the dumper truck had been bought 2nd hand for a particular job with the intention of flipping but was found sufficiently useful to hang on to
Aren’t you supposed to explore naturally occurring caves, rather than build your own?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
At the risk of overcomplicating this....is there electrical power available reasonably near to where you will be mixing?

If there is, you can buy or hire the cheaper electrical Belle mixers. If not, you have to get the petrol ones (usually Honda but there are other options) which are more expensive. The 130 litre DIY mixer is electric only

You can run the electric mixers off an extension lead. I've even seen multiple extension leads chained together but that isn't such a good idea

Adam4868

Guru
There's plenty of good advice on here.So I'm sure you'll make your own mind up.But for what it's worth,if I was mixing a lot or it was a big job/site work a drum mixer/Belle is the way to go.
But for a casual diy/at home a I'd allways use a drill/paddle mixer.Easier to use,there be less waste and storage.Cleaning is a doddle.Theres plenty out there for less than 100 quid.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
4B46CF45-775B-4C1C-A790-F241CBB3E013.jpeg

It needs to be pedal powered. Like these guys in Haiti.

Top Bottom