Cement/concrete mixer needed - any advice on which model to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I have a number of small jobs to complete around the house ranging from mixing mortar to repair some of our stone walls and a few areas (around a metre square) of concrete that need replacing.

I want a small electric mixer that I can use for these jobs and others as they occur over time.

Has anyone used a particular model that they can recommend for similar jobs?

Not wanting to go down the hire route as that puts me under time pressure - I just want to undertake these jobs when my mood and good weather coincide. ^_^

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Drill and paddle mate

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I thought the tradition was to buy a 2nd hand professional quality mixer of indeterminate age and brand - keep it to do the job - then sell it on for same money. Same goes for dumper trucks.

I am being serious by the way, albeit not personally bought, but have used both items on the above basis

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I thought the tradition was to buy a 2nd hand professional quality mixer of indeterminate age and brand - keep it to do the job - then sell it on for same money. Same goes for dumper trucks.

I am being serious by the way, albeit not personally bought, but have used both items on the above basis
Ebay seems to bear out your theory, but there's a lot of dog-rough plant on offer as well.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Ebay seems to bear out your theory, but there's a lot of dog-rough plant on offer as well.

My caving club has one of each, both many decades old. The cement mixer was apparently a cast off from a member who'd bought it 2nd hand to build his extension and the dumper truck had been bought 2nd hand for a particular job with the intention of flipping but was found sufficiently useful to hang on to

Adam4868

Guru
Mixing drill and paddle and one of those gorilla tubs.For smaller jobs it's all you need.Easier to clean also.Saying that I've rendered houses without a mixer.Prefer to do it by hand if it's not too big of a area.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Drill and paddle (or the specifically designed integrated systems) are for mixing plaster.
Belle sells a professional 150l mixer (the orange one) and a 130l DIY mixer (the yellow one). The 130, second hand, would suffice.
I used to be a Director at Belle so I can answer most concrete mixer questions (and other small plant for that matter)

Top Bottom