Central Heating - on yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
A friend of mine's energy bills are half what I pay, so she says. Though she does live in a new (ish) build house with all the insulation stuff, unlike my flat which was thrown up in the 1950's.:rolleyes: Why so much less than mine you might ask.šŸ§ Well, it's because even though her house is only 20 years old, she doesn't have any central heating. Instead she has those plug in electric heaters. Mmm, I thought electricity cost more than gas though.šŸ¤”

So many factors

What temperature you have thermostats set to.
Is the thermostat on an outside or inside wall?
How many hours you allow the heating to be on.
Whether you have windows open
Whether you leave doors open
Whether you are heating all rooms in the house
The temperature the boiler is set to

Plus when is the last time you flushed your radiators, maybe they are full of sludge and not that effective?

We have not had the heating on for a week or so

before that it was just an hour in the evening

Basically we have been having the upstairs windows open all day (when we are in) for several weeks and we only want heating in the lounge in the last evening - if that

Currently I am thinking about digging out the short and declaring it to be summer!!

I went to a ride the other day and regretted not wearing shorts!

we spent most of yesterday sitting in the garden!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Worn bib shorts all winter .. all year round ā€¦. Always do, legs dry faster than tights

I did the same, but as I got older and wiser, I found that there's really no need to let your knees get cold. It's takes longer to warm them up on a ride.

Alex321

Veteran
I did the same, but as I got older and wiser, I found that there's really no need to let your knees get cold. It's takes longer to warm them up on a ride.

Shorts and leg warmers are enough for me until the thermometer goes negative.

And I haven't worn the legwarmers since the week after Easter.
And down now to short sleeved jersey with arm warmers in the morning commutes, bare arms most of the rest of the time.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I didn't put it on again last night. I also didn't put my electric fan heater on while sat reading. :angel: I think the central heating might be on tonight though, as the forecast is for a drop in temperature. šŸ¤”

Top Bottom