Central Heating - on yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
Anyone else managed to survive this far without their central heating? We normally have ours on from 1st October but have survived without so far. How are you all doing?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
With two women in the house? Mine was on intermittently through most of the summer, then since about September it's been set on a constant 22 degrees.

PK99

Legendary Member
With radiator stats in every room, we tend to switch on early, but it does very little work till things get cold

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I haven't got a central heating.

screenman

Legendary Member
Downstairs underfloor been on a few weeks, upstairs in not on yet and only gets or needs an hour a day at most during the winter.

si_c

Guru
We live in a grade 2 listed house with no double glazing or insulation. It's been on for about 2 weeks now, I try to avoid putting it on much before November if I possibly can, but as I've been working from home this hasn't really been possible too much. Mrs C is actually pretty good, she's got a massive thick dressing gown and she's quite happy to sit under a blanket on the couch so we don't actually have it set above 20° not that that it ever reaches that temperature - it tends to sit around 18° in the hallway where the thermostat is although the bedrooms do get a bit warmer.

Top Bottom