Central Heating - on yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
These help ....

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I haven't got a central heating.
I have, but my combi-boiler started dripping at the end of last winter so I switched the central heating off then and it hasn't been on since. (It should be repaired soon, before it gets really cold again.) I have been using a 750W convector heater for the past month to take the chill off this room, but the rest of the house is currently unheated.

I've started closing the upstairs windows recently. They usually stay ajar from March or April to September but there have been some very chilly draughts over the past couple of days so that's enough indoor fresh air for now - if I want fresh air until the spring, I'll go outside for it!

Mine was on intermittently through most of the summer, then since about September it's been set on a constant 22 degrees.
same on all year at 22c
I couldn't stand that. I just felt too warm and looked at the thermometer in this room and it was showing a reading of 20.3 C. I'd accidentally nudged the thermostat on the heater beyond the position that I normally set it to. I try to keep the room at 17-19 degrees when I am just sitting around in here. That's a nice comfortable temperature range.

Kryton521

Über Member
I put mine on ........ Last week? I came home from work, very wet, very cold and totally OVER IT!!!! So pressed the button, 19 degrees C.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been putting mine on these last few weeks. The one in my living room and the one in my bedroom go cool after an hour or so while the other two are ok. Do they need bleeding,or something like that?🤔

Last edited:

Kryton521

Über Member
I've been putting mine on these last few weeks. The one in my living room and the one in my bedroom go cool after an hour or so while the other two are ok. Do they need bleeding,or something like that?🤔
Can you check your boilers pressure? I'm not an engineer but that's the first thing I'd check but an engineer should be called, sooner rather than later.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Our underfloor heating went on this week. Nice and warm now. 😊

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Can you check your boilers pressure? I'm not an engineer but that's the first thing I'd check but an engineer should be called, sooner rather than later.
If you don't know how to top up the system pressure, Google/YouTube it. (Very easy and takes a few seconds.) Then bleed all the radiators (very easy, takes a couple of minutes).

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Put mine on yesterday as my elderly Gran was visiting. But letting the sun in through the lounge blinds in the morning is usually enough to warm the house enough. It then retains the heat very well

Top Bottom