Century on Saturday - and food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Stop at a couple of pubs and enjoy a couple of pints of good beer (not Europiss) and some crisps. That's hydration, carbs, minerals and relaxation in an enjoyable package.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Stop at a couple of pubs and enjoy a couple of pints of good beer (not Europiss) and some crisps. That's hydration, carbs, minerals and relaxation in an enjoyable package.
The best beer comes from Belgium. You need to try some. Not talking Stella.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The best beer comes from Belgium. You need to try some. Not talking Stella.
Actually, even Stella seems OK when you're near the brewery in Leuven. I prefer Maes if you want a lager, though, but most other types of beer are better. :cheers:

Back to the OP, would home-made no-refined-sugar flapjack be "clean"? You can use various fruit pulps, seed butters or milks to bind it. Loads of recipes online.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It will be a century ride the following weekend on the Manchester to Llandudno CC ride. Sorry, not clean eating. During the day I will eat something like this:

Bowl of porridge before setting off

Jumbo sausage roll and latte at Weaverham

Two poached eggs on toast, cake and a latte at Eureka Cafe, Wirral

Just a fish (maybe pinch a few chips from others) at Llandudno

More beer than is probably wise in the evening at Llandudno

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It will be a century ride the following weekend on the Manchester to Llandudno CC ride. Sorry, not clean eating. During the day I will eat something like this:

Bowl of porridge before setting off

Jumbo sausage roll and latte at Weaverham

Two poached eggs on toast, cake and a latte at Eureka Cafe, Wirral

Just a fish (maybe pinch a few chips from others) at Llandudno

More beer than is probably wise in the evening at Llandudno
My sort of food. Especially the beers.

OP
OP
I
Thanks for any advice here.

Not doing the ride now, couldn`t get anybody to come with me - just excuses, so sod the lot of them:stop:

I always ride on my own, this would have been something different, but hey-ho, it won`t happen again!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Just go as far as you can on your own if you have the dayvavailable and a decent weather forecast?

Top Bottom