Chain cleaning ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moby Jones

Okay this may seem like a really straightforward question to some of you but I need some advice on how best to clean and lub my chain. I am very new to this bike owning business so excuse the stupid question.
I have bought and used some baby wipes to wipe my bike down after I have been out for a ride but I feel I need to pay the chain some attention. I am not sure how to take the chain off. Can I give the chain a good clean when it is still on the bike, should I use some sort of cleaning fluid and then some lub???
I have watched a couple if videos on YouTube but they recommended different ways to do it and one video showed a chain cleaner being used, I have since read bad things about these. Help me out guys, I want to get my bike in tip top condition.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

corshamjim

That's pretty much what I do. I use either GT85 or TF2 spray for lube. Once in a blue moon I might take the chain off, clean it thoroughly with muc-off and an old toothbrush, rinse thoroughly and hang up to dry before re-lubing. Doing that it's convenient to have a spare chain to put on the bike while fettling the other.

Top Bottom