Chain Guard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Now, on my bike I have a chain guard that has saved me from catching my hands many times when lifting the bike on top of the car. Helen's bike however doesn't have one of these and im always cutting myself on the sharp teeth of the outer ring. Does anyone know where I can buy one of these? It is to fit to a Shimano 44T outer ring

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
eek, just checked the bike, and its actually a 44T Truvative Blaze XC, not a Shimano.

in an odd twist of fate, Helen managed to tear her work trousers on it today

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The bigger the ring the harder it is to find a chain guard, for some reason the cycle industry isn't really interested in the utility cycling market, and the boy races wouldn't be seen riding a bike with a chain guard...

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
HJ said:
The bigger the ring the harder it is to find a chain guard, for some reason the cycle industry isn't really interested in the utility cycling market, and the boy races wouldn't be seen riding a bike with a chain guard...

My own bike came with a guard fitted to the shimano deore crank/rings and I thought it was a good idea to protect both the rider and the chainrings

Oh yes RE Size, I've noticed that most guards go up to 38T max :/

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
AndyCarolan said:
My own bike came with a guard fitted to the shimano deore crank/rings and I thought it was a good idea to protect both the rider and the chainrings

Oh yes RE Size, I've noticed that most guards go up to 38T max :/

Yep, I have trying to find a chain guard for a ring bigger than 44T for years and still haven't found one... :biggrin:

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
I may have found one for the bike, its called a Truvativ Aero Guard part no. 11.6315.007.000 which fits the 42-44T Chain Ring

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Chain guards on a bike, sheesh, you'll be fitting a bell next ! :biggrin: :smile::sad:

e-rider

crappy member
don't bother - awful things. Get some cycle clips or tuck trousers into socks; better still wear proper cycling clothes.

Top Bottom