Chain keeps getting stuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Do you reckon it`s actually damaging my chain - got it from the flippin shop I bought the bike in!

02GF74

Über Member
If you get a chain wear indicator change it when it's 0.75% stretched.
steel = chains don't stretch - they become longer due to wear.

but back to OP - when thus chain sucking occurs, which sprocket are you in on the cassette? the smaller the sprocket the less tension you get from the rear mech which makes the problem worse, also if chain has too many links.

most likelh if this has started to happen, it is the granny ring that is worn and/or the chain.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
steel = chains don't stretch - they become longer due to wear.

but back to OP - when thus chain sucking occurs, which sprocket are you in on the cassette? the smaller the sprocket the less tension you get from the rear mech which makes the problem worse, also if chain has too many links.

most likelh if this has started to happen, it is the granny ring that is worn and/or the chain.

yeah, it`s on the granny ring - had a look at it and one tooth in particular seemed way out of shape so I filed it down lol - still suffering from chain suck but not nearly as often as before - am actually getting better at avoiding it, quick back-pedal and it seems Ok!

Top Bottom