Chain "missing link" compatibility query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've aquired a Giant Revive semi-recumbent - a right wacky looking thing. I've fitted a larger sprocket to the Nexus hub and need to lengthen the chain by a couple of links, trouble is, I'm not sure what spec the chain is. Its a 3/32 chain for sure, but I don't know if its 3/32 single speed, or if its a derailleur chain, what speed it is. It has markings KMC Narrow Z-3A RB spread across various links. It does not have a "Missing link".

I've measured the thickness at various places on the link, see photo.

I'd like to buy two "Missing links" to extend the chain (I know I'll need an inner link too).

Can anybody please point me in the right direction as to what this chain is, and which missing link would be suitable? I've tapped the ends of my fingers googling until they are sore ;-( Edited to add, looks like KMC 3A is an obsolete designation.
chain.JPG

Sharky

Guru
Do you really need a link connector? Cant you just use your splitter tool to re join them?

OP
OP
graham bowers
Do you really need a link connector? Cant you just use your splitter tool to re join them?

I could use a chain tool as you suggest and may end up doing that. A split link is great for removing the chain for cleaning, but as the Revive has an enclosed chain, that's not really a consideration.

Top Bottom