Chain problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Never really noticed how the silver bits where lines up so didn’t now if any damage had been done as for replacing link I would rather change the whole chain not a massive expense may keep the old in as a spare for emergencies I will c if I can get one tomorrow and put it on and see how she goes

vickster

Legendary Member
How worn is the chain? You might need a new cassette too so to avoid chewing up the new chain

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Cassette was new at Christmas not done a huge amount of miles on it. Crankset and front mec also new at Christmas

vickster

Legendary Member
Cassette was new at Christmas not done a huge amount of miles on it. Crankset and front mec also new at Christmas
Why didn't you change the chain at the same time as the cassette? Seems a false economy when you're putting all the expensive bits on new, chains are cheap in comparison but can mash the other parts if worn

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

It had not got 1000’s if miles on it and thought it would be ok I’m I’m not a bike mechanic I guess u live and learn

OP
OP
dave147

dave147

Got a new chain on the bike and shifts of just need a little tweaking. Think I’m gona book it in for new cables aswell

Top Bottom