Chain Reaction Cycles - Not Impressed!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
To balance this up, I reported the spoke that went on my new wheel yesterday (only got the wheels mid-August). The returns department phoned me up today to tell me to return it for repair or replacement, and also apologised for my missing postage refund before. Apparently they'd put through the refund request, but someone in the office had marked it as 'free of charge' which meant that the payment was never made. It's now bring processed properly and I should see the refund shortly.

If only they'd investigated it at the time when I emailed them rather than stopping responding altogether, I'd have been a much happier chappy.

Chris James

Über Member
Never had any problems with CRC. Also they give decent advice - they correctly contradicted something Madison, the Shimano distributor, said about a Shimano product!

Jonathan M

Crankarm said:
The ones to avoid are Parkers. Won't deal with them again after the truly bad service I received from them over the earlier part of the summer.

No experience of Ribble although I gather it can be an ......... experience shopping from them.

Problem I've had with Parker is that they are not always accurate with their descriptions, especially in the past when they were not good at getting the Campag old stock model years right.

Ribble, had no problems whatsoever with them, delivery is not the quickest, but they don't make any promises of next day or 48 hour delivery.

bauldbairn

Use Chain Reaction Cycles(NI) quite a lot and have had no problems whatsoever, so far. Buy the vast majority of my cycling goods from them and their prices always seem to check out well against other shops - but I still always compare prices.
I e-mail them if I have questions about products and always get a speedy reply. Have never tried to contact them by phone though.
Stuff arrives pretty fast if you order during the working week(Mon-Fri) - sometimes next day and they don't charge for postage.

Have bought from Wiggle and Evans without any problems either(usually sales stuff) - but CRC are usually cheaper.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Bummer. I might have a wait of 21 days or more to get my wheel replaced or repaired - they've returned it to their supplier for investigation / a decision....

scots_flyer

I found them very good and helpful - ordered the wrong size of base layer - returned it and had a new one within a week! I'm guessing you have been unlucky..

Top Bottom