Chain Reaction Cycles - Not Impressed!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Only real issue I had with CRC is their packaging.
Ordered three 105 front hubs (the old style) from them as were being sold off cheap. Turned up loose with separate skewers in a single jiffy bag. As a result the hubs were scratched.

Oh - and don't trust their "reviews". Even when they do publish them they edit out any comments that are critical of CRC.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Always had good service from CRC I wish I could say the same for some of the other companies though.

So far in the last week I have ordered an item that was supposed to be in stock with 3 different comapanies, the first 2 both turned out to be out of stock even though they swore blind they had the items at the time I ordered them, I am still waiting to see if the 3rd one I ordered turns up or not.

Thor

porkypete said:
Oh - and don't trust their "reviews". Even when they do publish them they edit out any comments that are critical of CRC.

I reviewed a pair of shorts I didn't get on with - quite critically.

I also reviewed a bottle cage - positive comments.

The first hasn't been published, the second has. :rolleyes:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
barq said:
I mostly like them but had an order stuck at the processing stage for a few days last week. My email took 30 hours to get a reply which seemed a bit too long but not a disaster.

Hope you get some joy soon.

Always had fantastic service from them in the past, until I spent £120 on a set of wheels two months ago. Then I spent a long time chasing them for a postage refund after they mistakenly told me to return them when they admitted they shouldn't have. They just stopped replying to my emails after a few weeks; no apologies, no nothing. It took almost three weeks to be refunded, when they were claiming it would be within 5 days.

A far cry from days gone by when they'd apologise and usually send you a money off voucher for your next order if you'd been majorly inconvenienced.

I think they might be getting too complacent now that they've got so big, which is quite sad. Unfortunately, my trust in them has been somewhat eroded - my last three orders have gone to other companies instead.

Farky

They sent me the wrong bottom bracket twice and refused to refund my postage costs. After some exchange of emails I decided their customer service was shocking and haven't used them since. Wiggle on the other hand have been fantastic and have recently echanged a HRM which was 3 months old!

jamesxyz

Had a couple of problems with CRC stuff - I'd paid extra for next day delivery - didn't arrive til the day after and more recently ordered a second bike kit for my mavic computer and they sent the old 07 model bracket which didn't fit even though the picture on the website clearly had the 09 model!

However I rang both times and they refunded me both times promptly. It took a few rings to get through though - try mid-morning.

Wiggle still the best though - good communication no problems with cancelling / refunding even after the zip broke on my overshoes after several months!

djb1971

Legendary Member
CRC aren't too bad from experience. I've had a couple of mishaps with them but they get sorted eventually.

I recently placed 2 separate orders both containing an order for a pair of gear cables, 2 for use a 2 spares. Each order only came with one. After emailing them they needed a photograph of how they were packed. If you've had from them you'll know you have to cut/rip through plastic outer to get to the goodies. WTF use would a photo of the ripped up packaging be to them when you have to open it to see what's inside????

Heard nothing for a few days and they've turned up in the post. What they didn't know was I was waiting to place a couple of large orders which would have gone elsewhere for the sake of £2, so thumbs up.

Not as good as Wiggle though.

HLaB said:
I've never had a problem with CRC but I'll have to return my wedge bad its LED strap has become detached and its only about 7 months old.
I eventually got a round to emailing them about it, they replied by close of play the next day apologetic but asking for some photos as proof. I emailed a few snaps and the close of play the next day (25th I think) they said they were dispatching a replacement, it arrived today. So IME the returns department are quite good.

Crankarm

Guru
CRC are ok with returns but can be a bit slow to communicate that they have actually refunded you. Only way to find out IME is to actually check your account to see if funds have been re-credited as they are very economical with email. But have never not been able to get a full refund from them including postage. I've only had to return a couple of items over the 2 or 3 years I've been shopping with them.

Wiggle are good, although I prefer CRC's packaging. Still Wiggle sent me more Haribo last week and another voucher. I'm not complaining :smile:.

The ones to avoid are Parkers. Won't deal with them again after the truly bad service I received from them over the earlier part of the summer.

No experience of Ribble although I gather it can be an ......... experience shopping from them.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
never had any issues with parkers myself, their international service was great, and they took off the VAT, unlike some other companies....

NickF

Just spent £1,500.00 with CRC and no issues in terms of their postage.

To be honest, their phone service is very poor. I got through to someone 4 times out of about 20 attempts. For a company of that size, the phone needs to be answered a lot more. I appreciate though, that they advertise as an internet business and it's not like they have their phone number plastered all over the website. They are not encouraging you to call them.

I just needed some advice about the bike I ordered and I got it, eventually!

Thier prices cannot be beaten, so more staff to answer phones could mean prices going up! I know what I'd prefer!

Top Bottom