Spa cycles Harrogate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fifelad

Veteran
Has anyone bought a Titanium Bike off them ? I was putting the feelers out and spoke with a chap who was very helpful from Spa Cycles. Unfortunately I am a bit far away to go in person to their shop.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
No but I had a wheelset off them that was bad enough. They lost my bike, made the wheelset with the wrong sized hub, then had to make another and then couldn't index the gears. To top it off the staff appeared to be scared of the owner.
Look at the online reviews before spending your money. If there's a problem with it, that's when you may have difficulties or get verbal abuse from the owner.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Has anyone bought a Titanium Bike off them ? I was putting the feelers out and spoke with a chap who was very helpful from Spa Cycles. Unfortunately I am a bit far away to go in person to their shop.

I bought my Sabbath titanium there and found them extremely helpful. They’re great at customising the bikes to what you want rather than just off the peg like most online retailers.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I am based in Belfast but have always had great service from Spa Cycles, I have purchased bikes, wheelsets and components from them and always found them knowledgeable and helpful. Usually very easy to get through to on phone/email.

When he phoned me up to discuss the build, he ended up chatting for ages. Not like some firms that can hardly wait to get you off the line.

vickster

Legendary Member
I bought my Sabbath titanium there and found them extremely helpful. They’re great at customising the bikes to what you want rather than just off the peg like most online retailers.

Ditto, I got an AR1 from them about 6 years ago. I had a weekend in Harrogate and visited them in person to testride/order.
They were very helpful when phoned or visited, not responsive to email however (but I recall that the chap who dealt with emails was off sick and no one covered).
I had a faulty seatpost collar which caused slippage from new and lots of scratches to the Ti post but both were replaced quickly once I’d sent back

Last edited:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Another vote for Spa Cycles, they are a top outfit IMO. I've had loads of stuff from them over the years and only ever one problem which was sorted out pronto. They are the type of shop cyclists need, knowledgeable and helpful.
I've not had a Ti frame from them, but a friend of mine has and his order and build up went through easily and he is very happy with it.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I bought my (steel) bike from them about 12 years ago. I've bought a lot of bits and bobs - including wheels - from their web store over the years.
I visited the shop and did a test ride (including a Ti bike) when I bought and had a long talk with them.

Always got good service from them (and I love my Spa Steel Audax bike)

Last edited:
Top Bottom