Spa cycles Harrogate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fifelad

Fifelad

Veteran
Well, I decided to take a road trip to Harrogate and try frame sizes and test ride. Even better, after settling on my preferred size, I was offered the demonstrator, as otherwise no other frames in stock. Another 10% was knocked off the already discounted price, despite not having a mark on it. The bike will arrive this week after some changes to suit my requirements. Only downside of my visit was I kerbed the alloy of my car in the multi-storey car park next to the hotel. 🙄

vickster

Legendary Member
What bike did you buy?

Milzy

Guru
No but I had a wheelset off them that was bad enough. They lost my bike, made the wheelset with the wrong sized hub, then had to make another and then couldn't index the gears. To top it off the staff appeared to be scared of the owner.
Look at the online reviews before spending your money. If there's a problem with it, that's when you may have difficulties or get verbal abuse from the owner.

That’s weird, loads of people on this forum love them.

postman

Legendary Member
2573-7956-main-september_medium-87.jpg

looks a beautiful bike photo taken off Spa web page.

ren531

Über Member
I got a Audax Mono frame set and many parts from Spa to do a build myself last year and as others have said quite brusque and abrupt but at the same time happy to oblige with what you want , I have no complaints Indeed very happy with the service and the bike the only issue was they sent me a 32 hole rim instead of a 36 hole one ,sent me the correct one and let me keep the other you can't complain about that.

Attachments

• IMG_20230619_153058.jpg
    IMG_20230619_153058.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 34

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I got a Audax Mono frame set and many parts from Spa to do a build myself last year and as others have said quite brusque and abrupt but at the same time happy to oblige with what you want , I have no complaints Indeed very happy with the service and the bike the only issue was they sent me a 32 hole rim instead of a 36 hole one ,sent me the correct one and let me keep the other you can't complain about that.

I quite fancy one of those, can I ask what frame size and how tall you are?

Top Bottom