Spa cycles Harrogate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibor

Bewildered
Harrogate is a lovely place to spend a weekend TBH

bobzmyunkle

Thanks for the feedback folks. My gut instinct was they were very helpful and I would be inclined to deal with them.
I've had a good few wheels from them and a couple of friends have bikes from them - titanium and steel.
For a new bike, I'd always want to test ride before I bought though. Do you know someone who owns one? Or have a trip to Harrogate as suggested above.

vickster

Legendary Member
Look at Trustpilot and Google reviews as well. Everyone who has said they are rubbish cant be all lying.
They will be helpful till they get your money.

The Op asked for our experiences, we have given them. Whether I would have the same experience again tomorrow , I would hope so but can’t say for sure.
My bike including the handbuilt wheels serves me well as my current winter ride (although it’s now got a different 1x groupset, different tyres, different bartape).

Nibor

Bewildered
I think they may be a little don't suffer fools gladly and maty come agross as prickly until you develop a rapport?

Also there are ways to complain. They may not respond to some well.

alicat

Legendary Member
^^^^ this. If I wanted a new bike, I'd go to them in a flash while bearing that they haven't necessariiy been to charm school.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Its not about not suffering fools, they totally messed up my wheel build. I think if they build a wheel for a 10 speed and the bike has a 11 speed and is in front of them its not me that's the fool?

Also I would call swearing at customers especially in front of young children and using the F word unacceptable really. Its all there if you read the reviews.
They might not have a bad reputation on here but they certainly do generally.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
A friend once referred to them as
“Yorkshire rude”. Which was a back-handed compliment.

They’re straight speaking and don’t hold back, but that’s only a concern if you’re an ass.

No issues in my dealings with them.

Nibor

Bewildered
I think they may be a little don't suffer fools gladly and maty come agross as prickly until you develop a rappor?

Its not about not suffering fools, they totally messed up my wheel build. I think if they build a wheel for a 10 speed and the bike has a 11 speed and is in front of them its not me that's the fool?

Also I would call swearing at customers especially in front of young children and using the F word unacceptable really. Its all there if you read the reviews.
They might not have a bad reputation on here but they certainly do generally.

Sorry that sounds really aweful and sounds like they messed up properly for you

vickster

Legendary Member
A friend once referred to them as
“Yorkshire rude”. Which was a back-handed compliment.

They’re straight speaking and don’t hold back, but that’s only a concern if you’re an ass.

No issues in my dealings with them.

As a well spoken Southern female (who visited with another well spoken Southern female), we had no issues with them being rude or brusque. They were fine when chatting on the phone too, Maybe they had a giggle at my request for purple cable outers but they happily sourced and fitted :smile:

Top Bottom