Chain tugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
is there an alternative because unless I'm missing something, I have horizontal rear facing drop outs on my Genesis so need to remove the chain tug/track end covers to get the rear wheel slid out backwards. What a faff :angry:

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
image.png
Picture of one with end covers and tugs removed

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Not sure which chain tug you are using, but the Surly one is very good. Makes getting the chain tension right a piece of cake, and after a puncture it makes refitting the wheel quicker. And it has a bottle opener on it (which I admit I've never used) :sad:
You only need one for one side.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I guessed so, I used to have them. Get a Surly one, (only about, deep intake of breath, 20 quid - say it quickly). Fit it to the cog side, then wheel removal is something like, slacken axle bolts (actually you can use a quick release as well), push wheel back slightly, let tugnut drop down, push wheel forward, unship chain, pull wheel back and out. Fitting is dead easy as you've not altered the chain setting, so easy to put back as it was.

U

User19783

IMAG0087.jpg
IMAG0089.jpg
IMAG0090.jpg
Hi,
Here's a photo of my chain tug and my box spanner, which I carry with me at all times, so easy to use.
The box spanner is a 8x10mm
I also carry a 14x15mm box spanner for the wheel nuts, which both fit together, .
Also a photo of my Surly.:okay:

Top Bottom