chainring bolt help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I really don't know where i should have posted this so i have tried here first and hope some see it in the whats new bit . simply , the bolt that goes through the back of the crank arm into the chain ring on my bike has fell out so i now creak when giving the peddles some pressure . i wondered if anyone knows of a cheap version of this bolt - a campag veloce chain ring bolt - or will a different sort fit as you can't tell on a lot of the web sites i have been on - seen the proper bolt set but couldn't believe the price - the local bike shop has said he would get one in if i wanted for a mere £ 32 -:blink: for 1 bolt !! so i wondered if anyone knows of a way round this . i think it is aluminium and silver but going through a black crank arm so doesn't matter if its black - in fact it dont matter if its pink if it does the job

OP
OP
berty bassett

berty bassett

Legendary Member
will give this a go but been a long time since i've had my computer head on - and never mind if its shimano - i can file the unwanted weight off ^_^ . would be very kind if you have something like this and would pay postage and a bit more
CIMG0547.JPG
View attachment 12218

OP
OP
berty bassett

berty bassett

Legendary Member
thats ok - it was worth a shot - seen some on fleabay for £10 think i will give it a shot - had enough of this damn creaking - thanks for the thought though

Top Bottom