Chainring Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hi, quick question. I am running a Sram compact chainset 110 BCD 50:34. The 50 ring is decidedly worn. Can I buy two Stronglight 10 speed 50:37 or 50:36 rings and simply replace with no adjustment to the front mech?

Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So long as the bcd is the same. You may have a slight adjustment to make to limit screws, I did when going from TA to the stronglight zircal rings. Two minute job.

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You thought of going 42-52? Would probably suit you better.
I have but it would mean shifting the front mech, and as it stands with the 50t on the front and 11t on the rear I can sprint well into the thirties without getting near to spinning out, and I should still be fine up the steeper climbs in the Peaks with a 36t or 37t inner.
All that said, a mate has offered me a used once Dura Ace standard double chainset, if he ever pulls his finger out and digs it out of his garage I might reconsider.

gbb

Legendary Member
No general problem right up to 50/40. I fitted Dural chainrings without any need for any adjustment.
I say no general problems...i do notice front shifting isnt as crisp on pattern chainrings, the ramping is obviously slightly different.

Top Bottom