Chainset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roscco

New pedals arrive..whoooohoooo

undo old pedals and find out one of them was crossthreaded, the threads in the 'arm' are now non existant. So a new part is needed!.. Before i order, is there anyone with good knowledge of these type of parts who can advise on whats best to get. Current set up is 'Truvativ Tour Compact' and i was wondering is there a better product for the same sort of price?

Regards

PpPete

Legendary Member
New pedals arrive..whoooohoooo

undo old pedals and find out one of them was crossthreaded, the threads in the 'arm' are now non existant. So a new part is needed!.. Before i order, is there anyone with good knowledge of these type of parts who can advise on whats best to get. Current set up is 'Truvativ Tour Compact' and i was wondering is there a better product for the same sort of price?

Regards

I think that's a spline one isn't it? Rather limits your options unless you change the BB as well. The various splined types which were pushed as an improvement over square taper largely failed to live up to their promises.

OP
OP
roscco

roscco

Managed to get the pedal on there.. dont know how as there didnt appear to be any thread left! I will use it until a new crank is fitted. Anyone wish to place a bet to see if it lasts until the end of the week!

Top Bottom