Chainstay pivot spacers missing.. (I think) HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomdamage

Hey guys, looking for some help with this. I got a cheap Boardman pro FS 2011 from ebay and I'm pretty sure there's spacers missing from this pivot. Without a spacer it tightens up so the two parts of frame are pushed up agaisnt each other which to me seems like a bad design considering its a pivot. So just looking if someone out there has owned one of these and can help... Thanks for any help :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 12
I've had to contact Boardman a few times regarding spec on my own and customer's bikes and they've always been pretty helpful. May be worth dropping them a line if no one here has first hand experience with your exact model. Good luck

OP
OP
T

tomdamage

I've had to contact Boardman a few times regarding spec on my own and customer's bikes and they've always been pretty helpful. May be worth dropping them a line if no one here has first hand experience with your exact model. Good luck
Yeah I've just this second emailed them so my fingers are crossed., thanks for the reply

OP
OP
T

tomdamage

Have you opened up the pivot to check. Pretty sure there are a couple of washers either side of the bearing (I have a 2014 FS Pro)
Yeah I replaced the bearings and thanks that's helpful do you know if your spacers are metal/aluminium or are they a plastic type of bushing?
Thanks

Top Bottom