Challenging anti-social behaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
I was walking home at about 10pm a few nights ago when a yoof on a *very* noisy moped drove past me. I heard him from a few hundred yards away and mouthed, very obviously, "noisy farker", at him as he passed me.

He gave me the finger and proceeded to wheelie down the road, which is probably what I've had done when I was 16:rolleyes:

In the very unlikely event that he'd stopped I'd have tried to explain that he was disturbing loads of people and was being very selfish. On the other hand he may have pulled a knife and stabbed me.

Right / Wrong / Foolish / Worth a try?

TVC

Contact your local beat officer, our ones round here take anti social behavior seriously. If people report stuff they can build up a pattern of behavior and stand a better chance of catching and seizing the bikes.

Vegan1

I would not have done anything, who cares that some kid on a moped is riding down a road? As long as the rider and bike are both legal begal I don't see what the problem is.

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
I would not have done anything, who cares that some kid on a moped is riding down a road? As long as the rider and bike are both legal begal I don't see what the problem is.

The problem is the noise. Sleeping with the windows open in the hot weather and living near a main road means disturbance. At 10pm it's not an issue, but at 2am it's a pain.

As an ex-biker I know the noise level "tests" for bikes are loose, but at the risk of sounding like a Daily Mail reader I think they should be tighter.

Vegan1

Don't think you read the OP properly, modified silencer and pulling wheelies is not legal begal.

Show me the proof that the bike had a modified silencer and the wheelie was more than likely in retaliation to the OP mouthing noisy farker at the rider. Some people need to get a grip

Vegan1

The problem is the noise. Sleeping with the windows open in the hot weather and living near a main road means disturbance. At 10pm it's not an issue, but at 2am it's a pain.

As an ex-biker I know the noise level "tests" for bikes are loose, but at the risk of sounding like a Daily Mail reader I think they should be tighter.

It is what it is. :huh:

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
Show me the proof that the bike had a modified silencer and the wheelie was more than likely in retaliation to the OP mouthing noisy farker at the rider. Some people need to get a grip

Wheelie was definitely in "retaliation", I can't prove a modified silencer, but I'd bet my life savings on it. Honestly, it was excessively loud. I've ridden enough bikes with slightly modded pipes to know where the limit is.

Vegan1

Wheelie was definitely in "retaliation", I can't prove a modified silencer, but I'd bet my life savings on it. Honestly, it was excessively loud. I've ridden enough bikes with slightly modded pipes to know where the limit is.

The irony, farking hell.:rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The little fekkers do it on dirt bikes on the A57 out of Manchester, popping wheelies in rush hour, and later in the evening. The Police can't chase. I just hope one face plants it near me. Haa haa. See it every week, in rush hour, and last night at about 8pm. Busy road. My kids were shocked, I was 'happens every night'.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was walking home at about 10pm a few nights ago when a yoof on a *very* noisy moped drove past me. I heard him from a few hundred yards away and mouthed, very obviously, "noisy farker", at him as he passed me.

He gave me the finger and proceeded to wheelie down the road, which is probably what I've had done when I was 16:rolleyes:

In the very unlikely event that he'd stopped I'd have tried to explain that he was disturbing loads of people and was being very selfish. On the other hand he may have pulled a knife and stabbed me.

Right / Wrong / Foolish / Worth a try?

Bit foolish unless you had a mate with you. :tongue::boxing:

Top Bottom