Challenging anti-social behaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vegan1

There's a massive difference in perceived noise between riding a big capacity bike with slightly modded pipes at low revs and a 'ped with baffles removed at high revs.

When would you ever ride a big bike at low revs? Sorry but you are talking rubbish, many miles spent commuting in London with other motorbikes and big bikes are louder than a moped which has been modified.

In the future it maybe worth while thinking about of all the people you may have annoyed before you start acting pious.

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
When would you ever ride a big bike at low revs? Sorry but you are talking rubbish, many miles spent commuting in London with other motorbikes and big bikes are louder than a moped which has been modified.

In the future it maybe worth while thinking about of all the people you may have annoyed before you start acting pious.

Big bike at low revs in an urban environment that isn't particularly busy. London may well be different. I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I was walking home at about 10pm a few nights ago when a yoof on a *very* noisy moped drove past me. I heard him from a few hundred yards away and mouthed, very obviously, "noisy farker", at him as he passed me.

He gave me the finger and proceeded to wheelie down the road, which is probably what I've had done when I was 16:rolleyes:

In the very unlikely event that he'd stopped I'd have tried to explain that he was disturbing loads of people and was being very selfish. On the other hand he may have pulled a knife and stabbed me.

Right / Wrong / Foolish / Worth a try?
Unfortunately, violence seems to be a common reaction if you challenge anti-social behaviour in Notts - this happened last Saturday when someone objected to a shaven-headed middle-aged thug using foul language in front of his kids.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/headb...ght-on-video/story-30405939-detail/story.html

TVC

Given your lecturing views on other subjects, I don't think you can go round calling other people pious :laugh:

pplpilot

Guru
Those of us with motorbike will be meeting up down Vegan1s street for a Wheelie-A-Thon, sponsored by Yoshimura.

I come along as long as there's a pig roast too...:mrpig:

Mrs M

Guru
Unfortunately, violence seems to be a common reaction if you challenge anti-social behaviour in Notts - this happened last Saturday when someone objected to a shaven-headed middle-aged thug using foul language in front of his kids.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/headb...ght-on-video/story-30405939-detail/story.html
Thug :angry:
I politely pulled a young man up at work this week (busy public office) for his general torrent of swearyness.
Just asked him to mind his language.
His response was "shut the f**k up"
:eek:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Anyone else remember when these used to travel round in 'packs'

View: https://youtu.be/7s3oxRZTgM8

I really wanted a fizzy but couldn't afford one, had a Puch instead (as below), it was unrestricted and good for 50mph downhill. Friend who lives over the road has still got his fizzy and it's immaculate too!

puch-vz-50-3p.jpg

Top Bottom