Challenging History : The Titanic Conspiracy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I loved the film, and was intrigued by all the drama and some mystery/unsolved questions from the horrific event.

I then found a potential conspiracy theory, regarding the ships being swapped. The Titanic had a sister ship called The Olympic - with some minor differences. I have attached a link below detailing the conspiracy. It is very convincing and I for one had always joked about it being an insurance job, in addition to the physics argument with the iceberg and timing/angles etc.

This website only confirmed all this.....plus....way too many suspicious coincidences,

https://theunredacted.com/titanic-conspiracy-the-ship-that-never-sank/

(This website is different to the one I wanted to add, but the message is roughly to the same effect)

Drago

Legendary Member
Everyone knows the Titanic was made from Winston Churchills bogies...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vUZq6cjXjzs

Be warned - NSFW, unless you're a taxi driver.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
"the swap would entail nothing more elaborate that swapping a few nameplates and plaques".

That, plus the welded/brazed plates for every serial numbered piece of equipment and fitting, plus shutting up the crews, hundreds of dockyard workers and hundreds of contractors and suppliers workers, all of which would have known all or parts of both ships intimately down to the last scratch and minor alteration.

Complete Occam's Razor fail. It's all about website hits and unfortunately, I've just added one to that sum.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I think it hit @Drago Lock Ness monster which had escaped overland into the sea.

classic33

Leg End Member
You can find the "Facts" to prove a conspiracy on almost anything.

Junk journalism at it's best.
It was, in this case, out within the year. Company in trouble, one damaged ship laid up, then they had "another" sink.

The ship that sunk just happened to be in the same dock as the damaged one, at the same time.

Top Bottom