Challenging History : The Titanic Conspiracy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
I try to learn from other people's mistakes. Businesses are not so good, because spending money to rectify past mistakes is counter to the aim of maximising profit and shareholder return, so they're often slow to 'learn.
They usually learn the wrong lesson, and provide a knee jerk response that will placate the ignorant.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
That demonstrates the truism that people are really bad at learning from their mistakes. Even if it is possible to do a detailed forensic analysis of a failure (and when the failure happens mid-Atlantic it's not) frequently it doesn't happen.

The only industry to have learnt this lesson thoroughly is the commercial airline industry, where making a mistake is celebrated as a chance to make flying safer.

Britannic is believed to have hit a mine in the Great War. Not sure what lesson would have avoided that, since an armoured cruiser or battleship would have been sunk just the same.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Because the sea had put it out silly,
A drastic measure to put a fire out though. Sink the ship.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
[QUOTE 5274640, member: 259"]Last year I met someone from Belfast whose great granddad didn't work on the construction of the Titanic. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Clearly they were lying.
As an Irishman, I know for a fact that everyone in Northern Ireland worked on building the Titanic. Even Darby O'Gill. Although technically he's a southerner but they needed someone small to work inside the steam pipes.

Honestly, you brits know nothing.
:giggle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom