Chamois/Ass cream for touring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomb1960

I am very impress with Udderly Smooth chamois cream available from Wiggle and other outlets.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
:laugh:
Kirstie said:
Apparently, the 'tingle' is a bit like an addiction. the more you use it, the more you get used to the tingle, so the more you need to get the same level of, er, tingle. Apparently.

Whew! (Wipes brow and sighs huge sigh of relief.)

I thought after your bit on the naked bike ride thread that you had converted to being all prim and proper. How refreshing to see you back on your old innuendo-laden, smutty stomping ground!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What sayeth the Wise Man now, eh?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What's it for? I've done long tours and never used any cream. Is it only of use if you're prone to sores or does it have some other beneficial effect I'm missing out on?
Apart from the tingly feeling of course!

Andy in Sig said:
;)

Whew! (Wipes brow and sighs huge sigh of relief.)

I thought after your bit on the naked bike ride thread that you had converted to being all prim and proper. How refreshing to see you back on your old innuendo-laden, smutty stomping ground!:ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

What sayeth the Wise Man now, eh?

Ooh matron! What exactly were you expecting me to post on the naked bike ride thread? It appears that I have a reputation.

I suppose I've got to say something to rich_p now about him having a leathery-like undercarriage but perhaps I'll leave it..

Percy

Another vote for Sudocrem but I only used it when I need to - if there's a 'sore point'. I gave up on the prevention rather than cure technique after a few weeks of riding in very hot weather - my sweat had distributed the cream all over the back of my shorts and top of the saddle, I'm sure you're delighted to learn.

After five days riding or so your butt should get used to it.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Percy said:
Another vote for Sudocrem but I only used it when I need to - if there's a 'sore point'. I gave up on the prevention rather than cure technique after a few weeks of riding in very hot weather - my sweat had distributed the cream all over the back of my shorts and top of the saddle, I'm sure you're delighted to learn.

After five days riding or so your butt should get used to it.

Flippin' 'eck, how much did you put on?

yello

Gerry Attrick said:

Yes, that was what I was thinking! :sad:

Another vote for the sudocrem. For me, it's not a matter of hardening up the arse (sorry :becool:) but of avoiding sweat rash. I'll do without if it's cold but I wouldn't be without for touring - when the weather is usually (hopefully!) warmer and you're spending long and consecutive days in the saddle.

I've not tried the Assos stuff (always looked pricey to me) but I'm tempted to give it a try now.

Percy

Gerry Attrick said:

Well I've never participated in group creaming up so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but not a huge amount!!

To be fair my 'few weeks' comment is probably a bit underestimated - I think I started to notice it after 3-4 months of every day use.

OP
OP
M

maurice

Thanks for the advice and insight everyone, just got a tub of Assos in the post.

After reading this thread I'm going to feel like a right perv slapping it on for the first time in the ferry toilets but there we go!!

Top Bottom