change a triple to compact

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yello

Well, I know you've been waiting for an update... sadly, I've not been well (and still not in honesty, I'll be phoning the doc on Monday).... anyways, I got out for 45 minutes this morning so...

The bike feels transformed. Ok, I've been riding steel for that last couple of months so the jump to alu is always going to feel like a stellar change but, even so, it's as if I have a turbo. I change from the inner to the outer and I seem to have access to instant acceleration. I didn't do my hilliest circuit but I had a couple of decent climbs nonetheless and didn't find myself wishing for a bail out gear. That was on fresh legs though! What I'd feel like after a few hours could well be another story.

The shifting is clean (using same front mech and chain as I had on the triple) so I'm really pleased. It's cost me around £70 in all to make the change which I think is tolerable. I short, I think it's been well worth the effort. At least I can now form my own triple v compact opinions from personal experience!

Top Bottom